Notices

Need help identifying wheels

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-08-2012, 11:31 AM   #1
Common Sense Ninja
thatSchusterguy is on a distinguished road
thatSchusterguy's Tacoma Gallery
Need help identifying wheels

I need to figure out what brand/type of wheel this is so I can order a replacement, damn curb jumped out in front of me and this bitch is destroyed...

And finally the mysterious runes that have been giving me so much damn trouble...

What I do know: 15x8, -28 offset, I was told that they were mickey thompson classic II's but I can't seem to find any that fit those specs?

I did order an Eagle Alloy 058 because of that "EA-058" on the back side of the wheel, but its clearly not the same wheel as I have now.

Thanks in advance for any help you might have!
Old 02-08-2012, 11:37 AM   #2
Driving a tacoma is a lifestyle
09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all09tacorunner is a name known to all

Name: Jason
09tacorunner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatSchusterguy View Post
I need to figure out what brand/type of wheel this is so I can order a replacement, damn curb jumped out in front of me and this bitch is destroyed...

And finally the mysterious runes that have been giving me so much damn trouble...

What I do know: 15x8, -28 offset, I was told that they were mickey thompson classic II's but I can't seem to find any that fit those specs?

I did order an Eagle Alloy 058 because of that "EA-058" on the back side of the wheel, but its clearly not the same wheel as I have now.

Thanks in advance for any help you might have!
a picture of the rim design would help... its sometimes easier to see the whole rim to know what rim it is
*edit* never mind the other pictures work again...
Old 02-08-2012, 11:38 AM   #3
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...Teflon+Coating
Old 02-08-2012, 11:40 AM   #4
Wild Ginger
BrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BrettBretterson's Tacoma Gallery
It's an Eagle Alloy 058.

http://www.aewheel.com/wheels_detail...d=1947&cat=472
Old 02-08-2012, 11:41 AM   #5
Common Sense Ninja
Link no work, but for the record they were rattlecanned by the previous owner/resprayed by me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettBretterson View Post
Nope, I have an eagle alloy 058 sitting in front of me and it has a -30 offset and smaller holes.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:43 AM   #6
More Cowbell!
VooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shedVooDoo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Carter Ivey
VooDoo's Tacoma Gallery
check this one:

http://www.streetdreams.org/wheels/r...ojave/Polished
Old 02-08-2012, 11:45 AM   #7
Common Sense Ninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by VooDoo View Post
-19 offset, really hoping I don't have to get a whole new set of wheels because of this...
Old 02-08-2012, 04:12 PM   #9
Wild Ginger
BrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Pro Comp 98's

Found one that's 15x8, 3.5" BS

Pro Comp Wheels Series 98 15X8 6-5.5 3.5 BS
Part #:98-5883S3.5

http://4wheelcustoms.com/Products.asp?Cat=415
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PCW-98-5883S3-5
The PC's are steel though, the ones he has are definitely alloy. I think he has a really old EA 058 in a discontinued size.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:24 PM   #10
Common Sense Ninja
Quote:
he has a really old EA 058 in a discontinued size.
That's pretty much what I'm thinking now, I found a local business that specializes in wheel repair so I'm going to roll on by there and see what he has to say tomorrow.
Old 02-09-2012, 06:47 AM   #11
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatSchusterguy View Post
That's pretty much what I'm thinking now, I found a local business that specializes in wheel repair so I'm going to roll on by there and see what he has to say tomorrow.
I will be very impressed if they can fix that. Best of luck to you.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:14 AM   #13
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
. I think he has a really old EA 058 in a discontinued size.
The more I think about it, the more I think Brett is right.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:37 AM   #14
Wild Ginger

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
I will be very impressed if they can fix that. Best of luck to you.
Agreed, and if they can it probably won't be worth the cost. You're looking at $50+ just to straighten a bent alloy, and around $100+ to weld a cracked one. Yours needs metal added to it, and straightening and welding. By the time you fix that(if even fixable), you might as well buy 3 more new 058's to match the one you just bought.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:58 PM   #15
Common Sense Ninja
Wheel repair was going to be $250, so I wound up getting some steel wheels to get the truck in the shop quicker.

Probably going to give up on finding a replacement and go with some wheeler type b's or something similar.