LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Cooper Discoverer ATP

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-10-2012, 01:26 PM   #1
Geo Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeo Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeo Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeo Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeo Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeo Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeo Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeo Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeo Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeo Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeo Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Justin
Geo Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Cooper Discoverer ATP

Well, after an unfortunate screw in the tire I had a reason to replace the Rugged Fails. I got the new Cooper Discoverer ATP's in P265/75/16. They look great. I will update with a review of them after some time.

Old 02-10-2012, 01:28 PM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Those tires look great! There was a thread about them a while ago but there wasn't much info to be found on them. I just put the AT3's on my truck last summer but those look much better in my opinion.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:37 PM   #3
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
I wish they made them in a p-rated 265/70/17 I would get them, but alas this is not the case
Old 02-10-2012, 01:46 PM   #4
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC10TRDSPORT View Post
I wish they made them in a p-rated 265/70/17 I would get them, but alas this is not the case
The AT3 is available in P-rated and that size.

It's a similar tread pattern and also a good looking tire in my opinion.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:46 PM   #5
Geo Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeo Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeo Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeo Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeo Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeo Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeo Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeo Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeo Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeo Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGeo Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
NC10TRDSPORT: The only thing I can think of is that they may make them at some point. From what I can gather these tires are very new to the market, Cooper may be waiting to see the public's response before they make a complete lineup... Here's to hoping.

Pugga:
Thanks
Old 02-10-2012, 01:52 PM   #6
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
The AT3 is available in P-rated and that size.

It's a similar tread pattern and also a good looking tire in my opinion.
I understand this and in the thread you made about them you may be able to quote me as saying I was getting them but they just aren't aggressive enough for me. I'm trying to get a set of Dynapro ATMs in that size right now but having a hard time getting a good price on them.
Old 02-10-2012, 02:00 PM   #7
Wild Ginger
BrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrettBretterson is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BrettBretterson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo Taco View Post
NC10TRDSPORT: The only thing I can think of is that they may make them at some point. From what I can gather these tires are very new to the market, Cooper may be waiting to see the public's response before they make a complete lineup... Here's to hoping.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...ml#post4415581
Old 02-10-2012, 02:03 PM   #8

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC10TRDSPORT View Post
I understand this and in the thread you made about them you may be able to quote me as saying I was getting them but they just aren't aggressive enough for me. I'm trying to get a set of Dynapro ATMs in that size right now but having a hard time getting a good price on them.
Yeah, sounds vaguely familiar...

I dunno though, those ATP's don't look any more aggressive than the AT3's. The Dynapro's have a little more openness to the tread pattern but I don't think would be much better off than either of the Cooper tires.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:27 PM   #9
I did not know these were a offering only from Discount Tire... That's a real bummer you can't get your size.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:04 PM   #10
THIS IS AMERICA!!!
Cortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shedCortland is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cortland
Cortland's Tacoma Gallery
How are you liking the tires so far? Are they quiet? Good off road?
Old 03-08-2012, 05:07 AM   #11
Quick update: Its only been about 450 miles with the new tires. They are louder than that rugged fails, but everything else about them is great. I love the wet and dry traction. I live in Dallas, TX... no snow to test them in this year and there isn't really anywhere to take them off-road. I was hoping for some snow to test them, but it wasn't in the cards this year.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:49 AM   #12
Another update, ~800 miles on the ATP's now and if anyone noticed north Texas got some nasty rain last night. I unfortunately was out and about in the mess. The city is has some pretty bad storm water management which means that the roads pretty much flood immediately. I ended up driving through anywhere from less than an inch up to 4-5 inches of water. When the water was deep I slowed way down to ~10-20 mph, but never felt any hydroplaning at all at any speed. What really impressed me was just the plain old wet traction. I wasn't trying to spin the rear tires on purpose, but I wasn't starting from a stop at a dead crawl. The tires never once spun, traction control never kicked on, even around a corner that I wasn't expecting they held fast. I can only speak about wet/dry traction so far and i am quite impressed. This coupled with the cost, I think these tires are a steal.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:51 AM   #13
brny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrny67 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Bill
brny67's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

tires look great, I have the cooper stt, love them, u shouold have great reviews after a while.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:55 AM   #14
Teknishun is on a distinguished road
Teknishun's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Teknishun Send a message via MSN to Teknishun Send a message via Yahoo to Teknishun
Digging up this thread...

My fiancee complained about slipping and sliding in the rain. Our current tires, Nitto Terra Grapplers, are dry rotted, worn and chopped up. I've been researching tires for several weeks now. I couldn't resist ordering a set of these based on the price. I hope my descision pays off. New struts and shocks and an alignment plus these tires should hopefully give us the safety and comfort needed.

I'll report more in a few months.

Thanks.
Old 07-31-2012, 09:06 PM   #15
Teknishun is on a distinguished road
Teknishun's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Teknishun Send a message via MSN to Teknishun Send a message via Yahoo to Teknishun
What is the difference between the LT265/75R16E1 123R W and the 265/75R16 116T OWL?

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...yp=Truck%2FSUV

And OP, which did you buy?
Old 08-01-2012, 05:15 AM   #16
I went with the P-Rated. I think the LT's are just beefed up, primarily in the side-wall; But I'm not a tire guru, so that may be incorrect.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:22 AM   #17
YellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYellowDog01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YellowDog01's Tacoma Gallery
I had the ATRs on my last truck. Tires seemed bulletproof. Good price as well. I'd buy Coopers again in a heartbeat.

Looks good OP!
Old 08-01-2012, 12:29 PM   #18
MSU Spartan is on a distinguished road
MSU Spartan's Tacoma Gallery
How are the ATP's different from the A/T3's? The A/T3's are about the same price and promoted by Cooper more.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:21 AM   #19
They are two different tread designs and when I looked on Discounttire.com I saw a price difference of about $30/Tire. AT/3: $164 ATP:$130 Per tire.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:36 AM   #20
Calmer than you are
jmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjmg256 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Al Tonter
jmg256's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSU Spartan View Post
How are the ATP's different from the A/T3's? The A/T3's are about the same price and promoted by Cooper more.
I run these tires (ATP) and did quite a bit of research between the 2 tires you mention.

The only difference is the tread design and the fact that the ATP is a Discount Tire exclusive (hence the price). The construction and compounds utilized are the same in both tires. All other attributes are the same. The AT3 was voted A/T tire of the year last year

I got mine for $117 a piece, with free shipping and a 55,000 mile warranty in a 265/75/16 from Discount Tire Direct a few months back. Happy so far.