Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

TRD Beadlock wheel question

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-11-2012, 07:42 AM   #1
bizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to behold

bizjettech's Tacoma Gallery
TRD Beadlock wheel question

Anyone know if the TRD Beadlock wheels can be used without the polished trim ring? I'm interested in using them just like in this picture, with no trim ring. Just not sure if the trim ring is functional or just for looks.
My guess after looking at pics of the wheel is that the trim ring is just for looks.

Anyone know for sure?

Thanks!

Old 02-11-2012, 07:46 AM   #2
Jon Stewart / Stephen Colbert 2016
BBY2KS2K has a spectacular aura aboutBBY2KS2K has a spectacular aura about

Navy: ET2/SS (Submarine Electronics Tech) 1996-2005
Name: Jason
BBY2KS2K's Tacoma Gallery
It's just decoration. I had them on for a week and decided I liked them better without the rings.

Old 02-11-2012, 07:50 AM   #4
bizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to beholdbizjettech is a splendid one to behold

Hey thanks guys!!

I think they look great without the rings. Makes the wheels look like they are a bigger diameter as well.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:59 AM   #5
A-TRAC Equipped
speedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
speedydave's Tacoma Gallery
I would suggest putting the screws in to protect the threads, and they may look better.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:38 AM   #7

Yeah, if I go with these, without the rings, I would get some pan head stainless steel, or black screws to thread into the holes.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:30 AM   #8
SmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shedSmEYELey is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ryan
SmEYELey's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody know where you can get those rims for a good price. Went on trdsparks and didn't know they were 239 a wheel
Old 02-11-2012, 09:42 AM   #10
reynosa1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreynosa1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreynosa1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreynosa1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreynosa1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreynosa1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreynosa1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreynosa1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreynosa1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreynosa1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreynosa1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
reynosa1's Tacoma Gallery
x2
Old 02-11-2012, 10:30 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightnfire View Post
Not the TRD's but they look very close to the Level 8 Guardians. I just had these installed at Discount Tire yesterday, $141.00 EA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reynosa1 View Post
x2
So did you guys get the 17 inch level 8?
Old 02-11-2012, 12:37 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fightnfire View Post
Yes. 17"x8.5" -6 OS, 4.5" BS
very cool, good close up, but do you have a picture of the whole truck with those wheels installed?
Old 02-11-2012, 03:35 PM   #15
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
There's a few in my profile but none that really show the wheels. Been nasty weather wise here lately, I'll get a few more up soon.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:49 AM   #16
TRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to beholdTRDsport253 is a splendid one to behold

TRDsport253's Tacoma Gallery
Wow those wheels really do look the the TRD beadlocks.