Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Any problems w/spidertrax wheel spacers?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-13-2012, 09:40 PM   #21
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
Love how mine look
Old 03-13-2012, 10:54 PM   #22
glwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedglwood6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gary
glwood6's Tacoma Gallery
I've run them on my JK for three years, and every tire rotation checked them. They have yet to budge.

The only down side to spacers is most tire shops will refuse to mount, balance, or rotate tires on vehicles with spacers. If you know of a shop that will, you are fortunate. Of course, if you do your own rotations, no problem. I just took the wheels to Discount and had them mounted and balanced originally, dealt with rotations since then myself.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:03 PM   #23
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
I think that typically tire shops won't deal with spacers. Spidertrax are adapters, and I don't think you'll get too much grief from most shops with those. Pretty sure I took mine into discount at least once with the spidertrax on.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:14 AM   #24
whereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant future

Name: Don
whereismymind's Tacoma Gallery
The Discount Tire I normally go to doesn't have a problem. I did try a different DT location and they wouldn't touch it.
Old 06-01-2013, 10:27 AM   #25
Taco Shot
StreetTaco4Me is on a distinguished road
Name: Bryan
StreetTaco4Me's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamillion2345 View Post
I think that typically tire shops won't deal with spacers. Spidertrax are adapters, and I don't think you'll get too much grief from most shops with those. Pretty sure I took mine into discount at least once with the spidertrax on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whereismymind View Post
The Discount Tire I normally go to doesn't have a problem. I did try a different DT location and they wouldn't touch it.
I just ordered these yesterday from Wheelers...I called my local Americas Tire Co. before ordering and told the tech I am thinking of ordering spacers and asked if they would still service them, at first he said, "no we wont do anything with a wheel spacer on..." and I was thinking I could not get them...then he continued with "unless it is hub centric..."

Then I got excited because I knew they were hub centric...so I was good to go...as maxamillion said they are probably actually technically called an adapter so there is not an issue...if a tire shop ever gives any guff, I would throw out the terms adapter and/or hub centric and that should aleviate any issue they might have.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:56 AM   #26
PMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shedPMK is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PMK's Tacoma Gallery
FWIW, when TAC1 inquired about my running the Spidertrax 1.25's on my truck I did a quick search and found that some aerospace guys drew these and the wheel in a CAD program. The program was able to acomplish FEA of the spacer and wheel.

Turned out the spacer is considerably stronger the the wheel itself. The predicted failure location when using Spidertrax was the lug nut holes in the wheel.

PK
Old 02-18-2014, 07:58 AM   #27
Bosshoag is on a distinguished road

Name: Mr. Doogan
Bosshoag's Tacoma Gallery
It's an old thread but it could be where I find my answer. I'm considering a 2.5" Toytec spacer lift on my '08 TRD Sport access cab and have 18x9" BBS RW wheels with 5.4" back spacing and was told previously that 1" wheel spacers will allow me to clear the UCA if I put on 285/65r18 BFG AT KO's with minor fender trimming. Does this sound feesable?