LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Any problems w/spidertrax wheel spacers?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-12-2012, 01:00 PM   #1
DRDANTDC is on a distinguished road
Name: DAN
DRDANTDC's Tacoma Gallery
Any problems w/spidertrax wheel spacers?

I just added these yesterday. I put the 1 1/4" on me 2012 dcsb offroad. I am very happy with the looks and ride, I will check the lugs on the spacers in a couple of days. I was just wondering what to expect, has anyone had any issues with them loosening up a bit. I torqued them to 80 ft lbs.
Thanks for any help!

Dan
Old 02-12-2012, 08:54 PM   #2
YNWA
Flowmasteradan is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlowmasteradan is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlowmasteradan is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlowmasteradan is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlowmasteradan is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlowmasteradan is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlowmasteradan is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlowmasteradan is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlowmasteradan is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlowmasteradan is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlowmasteradan is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Adan
Flowmasteradan's Tacoma Gallery
i did the exact same thing yesterday, been on the freeway and put about 100 miles on them so far. i agree they look great and no problems here. i've read on here and only found positive things, thats what made me finally get some. i wouldn't think they would loosen since you use the red loctite, but i'm gonna check probably this week sometime.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:55 AM   #3
Winger12003 will become famous soon enoughWinger12003 will become famous soon enough
Name: Mike
Winger12003's Tacoma Gallery
PICS PICS PICS PICS!!!!!! Please.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:03 PM   #4
RJinWarren is on a distinguished road

Name: RJ
RJinWarren's Tacoma Gallery
Very curious about this product... I truly want to add them, but also concerned since my Taco is a daily driver/kid hauler. Please keep us posted.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:49 PM   #5
E-Fabber
Anthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
Anthony250's Tacoma Gallery
Go ahead put them on. Ive never heard anybody having issues with them at all. Just keep them tourqued. Ive ran no brand name spacers through mild offroad conditions with no problems.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:00 PM   #6
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
ran mine for almost 3 years no problem, bought them really used too
Old 02-14-2012, 11:26 AM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJinWarren View Post
Very curious about this product... I truly want to add them, but also concerned since my Taco is a daily driver/kid hauler. Please keep us posted.
It's my dailer driver also, I will check them tomorrow and report back.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:27 AM   #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
ran mine for almost 3 years no problem, bought them really used too
How often did you check them? Did they stay up to the torqued specs?
Old 02-14-2012, 11:45 AM   #9
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRDANTDC View Post
How often did you check them? Did they stay up to the torqued specs?
I check them after every few off roading trips out and they also stay torqued.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:34 PM   #10
YNWA
Flowmasteradan is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlowmasteradan is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlowmasteradan is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlowmasteradan is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlowmasteradan is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlowmasteradan is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlowmasteradan is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlowmasteradan is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlowmasteradan is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlowmasteradan is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlowmasteradan is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Adan
Flowmasteradan's Tacoma Gallery
so i checked the torque of the spacers today at 75 ft lbs and all were ok. this is also my daily driver, so far so good. ill just check the torque during normal tire rotations. oh and here are my first pics i have of it. they're the most recent so i have no before.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:28 PM   #11
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRDANTDC View Post
It's my dailer driver also, I will check them tomorrow and report back.
Ok, checked my spacers today, they didn't budge. They have about 300mi on them. I do have pics in my photos...but they're no great. I'm very happy with them, they changed the look of my truck. Way better in person than pics.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:33 PM   #12
feldman28 is on a distinguished road

Name: chris
feldman28's Tacoma Gallery
After reading this im going to order them.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:33 PM   #14
RJinWarren is on a distinguished road

Name: RJ
RJinWarren's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone have any experience with Motorsport Tech BORA spacers? They appear to be of similar quality as the Spidertrax, but I am interested in a 3/4 spacer.

http://www.motorsport-tech.com/special/truck/toyota_s
Old 03-13-2012, 07:28 PM   #15
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
whatever adapter brand you buy, just make sure you purchase the hub-centric ones. torque them correctly to spec and you shouldn't have any issues.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:55 PM   #16
Rust Framed Tacoma :)
lj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shedlj973gm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lj973gm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJinWarren View Post
Anyone have any experience with Motorsport Tech BORA spacers? They appear to be of similar quality as the Spidertrax, but I am interested in a 3/4 spacer.

http://www.motorsport-tech.com/special/truck/toyota_s

I am looking to purchase the 3/4" spacers from them as well. I do not want my tires hanging out past the body line and it looks like 3/4" will bring them nice and flush.

Please post up if you get them. I am waiting a month or two until I get mine.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:13 PM   #17
Cpt. Bubbleguts
S7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shedS7ICKlVlAN is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
S7ICKlVlAN's Tacoma Gallery
Slapped some 1.25" Spidrtrax spacers on in the first week I had my Tacoma.....I'm a couple months in and there have been zero issues with lugs loose, vibes, or any other issues. I'd have forgotten they were even there if not for the much improved stance it gave my Taco. The 1.25" gave me a smidge past flush on my fenders/tires profile. I got pics in my gallery if you wanna check it out.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:20 PM   #18
Conceal Carry
slodc4 is on a distinguished road

Name: Steven
slodc4's Tacoma Gallery
best money ive spent on my truck
Old 03-13-2012, 08:24 PM   #19
He who walk with a Cane
CoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedCoTacoTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gramps
CoTacoTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Had them for 4 years now and have them torqued every tire rotation. They have been great with zero problems. Quality product.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:35 PM   #20
whereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant future

Name: Don
whereismymind's Tacoma Gallery
I'll be putting the ones I took off my FJ on a 2012. Anyone have rubbing issues with them? I'm getting an SR5, but will be putting on 285's with 3" lift.

I live next to Spidertrax. They let me test out a set to on my FJ when I got it in '06. Had them on for 90,000 miles with no issues from them.

Spidertrax recommends to use loctite and torque to 85 ft lbs. Re-check torque after 500 miles for safety reasons. Mine never came loose. I switched out a lot of tires and they were never out of spec. The added width has been great off-road.

I know it's not a Tacoma. My MGM should be in tomorrow. I'll post pictures when I get them.

With spacer up front and no spacer on back.

This is when it's nice to have that extra width.