LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

What is the widest tire that can go on a 17x7.5 rim?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-13-2012, 05:02 AM   #1
First Tacoma 2011 is on a distinguished road

Name: Bruce
First Tacoma 2011's Tacoma Gallery
What is the widest tire that can go on a 17x7.5 rim?

After some countless hours of surfing the net I am still without an answer to my question. I just ordered my 3’’ lift from toytec and now I looking for tires. I wanted to keep my stock rims which are 17x7.5, I would like to get a 33’’ tire that would fit these. From what I have seen some people say a 285 will be fine and some say you will wear the tire unevenly.

Does anyone know what’s the widest tire that can go these rims?
Old 02-13-2012, 05:24 AM   #2
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by First Tacoma 2011 View Post
After some countless hours of surfing the net I am still without an answer to my question. I just ordered my 3’’ lift from toytec and now I looking for tires. I wanted to keep my stock rims which are 17x7.5, I would like to get a 33’’ tire that would fit these. From what I have seen some people say a 285 will be fine and some say you will wear the tire unevenly.

Does anyone know what’s the widest tire that can go these rims?

Depends on the manufacturer.

Just look up the tires you want and then read their specifications.

It's very simple.

I'm not going to assume what tire you want then check and see if they fit. That's for you to do.
Old 02-13-2012, 05:43 AM   #3
-
Namyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shedNamyo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Namyo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
Depends on the manufacturer.

Just look up the tires you want and then read their specifications.

It's very simple.

I'm not going to assume what tire you want then check and see if they fit. That's for you to do.
This ^^

Because tires have flexible sidewalls, a single tire size will fit on a variety of rim widths. A tire's rim width range identifies the narrowest to the widest rim widths that the tire is designed to fit.

When looking at a tires spec it will say what range of width it will work on..