Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Quick help with 285/75 16!

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-13-2012, 09:51 AM   #1
Viejon
markmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Mark
markmatters's Tacoma Gallery
Quick help with 285/75 16!

so i brought my daughter to her doctor...theres a discount tire next door..so i walked in and now want some tires...figure im gonna be needing them soon since my 265/75s are at abt 35% life...my question is: i have 4in spindles and my billies at 1.75"...so roughly 5.5" lift...will i have any issues with horrible rubbing if i get these installed today out the door?

Im talking to the tire guys so i cant take the time to search the forums on my phone right now...thx guys!
Old 02-13-2012, 09:54 AM   #2
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Shit 33's? You could fit 35's under that much lift.... 33's will be no problem.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:59 AM   #3
TheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Seth
TheGloryFades's Tacoma Gallery
Vertical height you're fine but you may need to trim plastic
Old 02-13-2012, 10:00 AM   #4
Viejon
markmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shedmarkmatters is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
With no plastic trimming or the famous cab mount chop?
Old 02-13-2012, 10:01 AM   #5
Viejon

Firefighter:
Plastic is fine...im worried abt the cab mount..
Old 02-13-2012, 10:02 AM   #6
TheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGloryFades is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Seth
TheGloryFades's Tacoma Gallery
Some trucks do some don't, there's no guarantee unfortunately
Old 02-13-2012, 10:04 AM   #7
Viejon

Firefighter:
If it does rub...its still drivable right? Atleast till i get home?
Old 02-13-2012, 10:05 AM   #8
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
yes, just if you have an alignment have them set your caster high like 3.0 or above to put the wheel farther in the wheel well to avoid the cab mount.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:09 AM   #9
Viejon

Firefighter:
Awesome...thx dudes, will be buying and installing right now...will be posting pictures on this thread to avoid making another one..
Old 02-13-2012, 10:22 AM   #10
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
definitly consider a 315/75/16 as well, with 5.75 inches of lift I really think 285s are going to look small.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:46 PM   #11
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
what is the backspacing on the wheels you're running and any aftermarket UCAs (for tire width concerns, not alignment)?
Old 02-13-2012, 01:18 PM   #12
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
I wanna see the truck actually. Pic pls?
Old 02-13-2012, 01:51 PM   #13
Viejon

Firefighter:

no rubbing sp far...i think they look good imo..didnt see the bigger tire size comment until after they were installed...theyre wayyyyyyyy quieter than my 265/75 dynapros...
Old 02-13-2012, 01:55 PM   #14
macgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shedmacgyver is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brad
macgyver's Tacoma Gallery
holy bro lean. You need some more lift in the rear.

You'll probably only rub at full lock.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:55 PM   #15
Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..
chadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedchadderkdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

chadderkdawg's Tacoma Gallery
You need an add a leaf sir.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:57 PM   #16
Captain
Juggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Juggernaut's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like the perfect size to me, what tire did you get?
Old 02-13-2012, 02:01 PM   #17
Viejon

Firefighter:
there is an aal already...i have allpros ready to be installed but havent had the time...and in the direction im going with my truck...im gonna want a lean..i live in the desert so leave my truck alone, stink bugs.
haha...
Old 02-13-2012, 02:02 PM   #18
The White Knight
Eagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant futureEagledynasty has a brilliant future

Name: AJ
Eagledynasty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgyver View Post
holy bro lean. You need some more lift in the rear.

You'll probably only rub at full lock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadderkdawg View Post
You need an add a leaf sir.
Looks like he has all 4 Dynapro's in the back.... Probably why he is sloping down. Wish I kept my rugged fails when I got new tires.... Could of used one for extra winter weight or sold them for $100 like few others on here. DAMN. tires look great. Town fair wont install tires that dont fit at full lock. Or the TFT near me wont anyways.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:05 PM   #19
Viejon

Firefighter:
theyre 285/75 16 falken rocky mountain ats...i saw some pretty good reviews on them. so far i like how quiet they are compared to bfg at and dynapro ats....
Old 02-13-2012, 02:06 PM   #20
Viejon

Firefighter:
well i jist reversed at full lock...rubbed in the front plastic liner

busted a u turn at full lock with no rub..