Notices

largest tire

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-13-2012, 05:58 PM   #1
hanrock is on a distinguished road

Name: craig
hanrock's Tacoma Gallery
largest tire

hi im looking at 265/70/17 for my 2012 dbcb sport ive heard tire actual hights differ between manufacturers dose any one know who makes the tallest in this size is there a chart of actual hights
Old 02-13-2012, 06:00 PM   #2
theredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheredofshaw is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AM1
Name: John
theredofshaw's Tacoma Gallery
welcome to TW, please utilize the search function and you will not be here

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...uspension.html
Old 02-13-2012, 06:05 PM   #3
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-14-2012, 08:03 AM   #4

hanrock's Tacoma Gallery
hi

im looking for info on which manufacturer makes the tallest 265 70 17 tire not which size wil fit my truck ive heard there is diferences between manu facturers tried search could not find why get flamed for this?
Old 02-14-2012, 08:07 AM   #5
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanrock View Post
im looking for info on which manufacturer makes the tallest 265 70 17 tire not which size wil fit my truck ive heard there is diferences between manu facturers tried search could not find why get flamed for this?
manufacturer wont matter in terms of size. size is what matters in terms of size lol. otherwise, what's the point of those 3 numbers. those ARE the sizes haha.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:10 AM   #6
Mind = Blown
Loudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shedLoudpedal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: EOD
Name: Blair
Loudpedal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...uspension.html

Click this link that was kindly provided to you. Also, the difference in sizes between manufacturers is negligible at best, and probably varies between batches of a singular manufacturer. You're better off buying a tire based on how you need the tire to perform.

Also, grammar.
Old 02-14-2012, 08:22 AM   #7
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yes, there is a difference from manufacturer to manufacturer for the same size tire. However, no one (to my knowledge) has ever compiled the info you are looking for. You're going to have to check the specs on all the tires you are interested in.

A BFG T/A KO is 31.6"

A Genereal Grabber AT2 is 31.7"

A Dick Cepek Chrusher is 31.9" (Goodyear Kevlar/Kuhmo Road Venture/Firestone Destination MT also)

And I wouldn't take that info for what it's worth. I have Duratraks that supposedly are 31.7" tall. I measured them at 31.25".

You're also talking about fractions on an inch between tires that no one will even notice.
Old 02-14-2012, 02:08 PM   #8

hanrock's Tacoma Gallery
ok thanx for the info 98 tacoma 27 thats what i was looking for