* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-13-2012, 07:17 PM   #1
Jholder70 has a spectacular aura aboutJholder70 has a spectacular aura about

Air Force:
Jholder70's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone running these Firestone's?

The Destination A/T with UNI-T
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....omCompare1=yes

They get good reviews, I really want to replace the stock crap tires.
Anyone?
Old 02-13-2012, 07:22 PM   #2
Trail Runner/Barefoot Beach Runner/Snow Skier
The Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Driver is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army: 94B/76Y Medical Honorable Discharge
Name: Raph, and I'm from Tampa, FL.
Location: Lakewood (Bear Creek), CO. I'm from Tampa. If I was from "Tampa Bay" I'd be a fish!
The Driver's Tacoma Gallery
I got them and I like them a lot, but I replaced a set of original BF's that were 9 years old, so even rubber bands would've been an improvement...
Old 02-13-2012, 07:30 PM   #3

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
Mine replaced goodyear wrangler silent armors if that helps........The silent armors still had quite a bit of tread left. These seem better IMHO, and of course ANYTHING is better than the stock rugged fails IMHO
I was also considering the GY silent armor, but the cost is so high, these are not cheap either but about $50 cheaper each...

If you could go back, would you get the Goodyear's or the Firestone's ?
Old 02-13-2012, 07:39 PM   #4

Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpack_5150 View Post
IM happy with THIS purchase........BUT, I wouldnt change anything in the past either...Im glad I got the goodyears, this way I can give an accurate opinion about the firestones being a better tire IMHO.

How about this.........If given a choice of my next tire being either the goodyears or the firestones, I would choose the firestones without hesitation.
Thanks that does help.... Now just> white letters in or out....
Old 02-13-2012, 07:40 PM   #5
GA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GA_TACO4x4's Tacoma Gallery
i run them. they replaced a set of dayton timberline a/t's (firestone destination knockoffs basically) which lasted 52k, so i'm hoping for the same from these tires. so far the destinations have been nothing but awesome
Old 02-13-2012, 09:44 PM   #6
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
I put the Destination A/T's on my wife's SUV. It's a hybrid so it almost never sees off-road or foul weather use, therefore I can't comment on their overall performance. What I can say is that based on their current condition, I easily expect to get 60,000 out of them.

I had the GY Silent Armors on my previous Tacoma. While overpriced, they are pretty good tires. Great on and off-road handling. They were good in snow, but a little sketchy in soft sand. If their MSRP was about 30% lower, they would be a great overall option.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:19 AM   #7

Air Force:
I have narrowed it down to the Firestones and the GoodYears:

or

After driving on the stock Bridgestones I really need to make the switch, the Bridgestone are not good in any kind of weather, nice HWY tire but that's it.

It's only about $200 difference, but that still is a big difference?
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone running these Firestone's?-2012-02-14_0714.png   Anyone running these Firestone's?-2012-02-14_0713.png  
Old 02-14-2012, 06:46 AM   #8
Robertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Robertgeejr1's Tacoma Gallery
I put a set on my truck for xmas to me, I just got her Thanksgiving weekend, and I like them alot. Of course we have had little snow this year compared to the last three but I put them to the test with about 6" on the ground and they were great. Since I am close to tirerack I was going to drive over and get them but my local dealer matched their price.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:30 PM   #9

Air Force:
This may change my mind:

5 Goodyear Silent Armors for under $1200 Installed and lifetime balance?

what do you all think?
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone running these Firestone's?-2-14-2012-3-28-28-pm.jpg   Anyone running these Firestone's?-2-14-2012-3-31-56-pm.jpg  
Old 02-15-2012, 03:41 AM   #10

Air Force:
do i really need the 5th?
Old 02-15-2012, 03:52 AM   #11
TenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shedTenBeers is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
TenBeers's Tacoma Gallery
I have no experience with either tire, although my wife's 4Runner has the Destination LT and they are great.

If you do a lot of offroading, the Goodyears plus a spare might be a good idea. If you are mostly on-road, I would pick the Firestones and skip the spare.

But I went with the Michelin LTX MS/2s. Very awesome, but I have a 2WD and just do gravel roads.
Old 02-15-2012, 04:19 AM   #12
Textbook Fucking Mental
2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed2TRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
2TRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Total bias here.

I ran the Desty A/Ts. Great tire, great looks, great road manners. Did well off-road for what I did with them.

I can't stand Goodyear tires. They balance for crap...meaning they can't make a round tire. They pop holes in the sidewalls. I would never put GY's on my truck.

I sold my Desty's A/Ts to a guy who just put DuraTracs on his big 2500 Chevy. He told me was pissed that he spent $900+ on them and "look how many weights it took to balance these tires"

Desty A/Ts FTMFW!..they are cheaper and have a better rating.

(or check out the Hercules Trail Digger M/T, what I currently run. Made by Cooper Tires, very, very inexpensive for a M/T. The 265/70/17 size is offered in a E load range. Offer 285/70/17 in a D range.)
Old 02-15-2012, 04:50 AM   #13
Boerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shedBoerseun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: (South Africa) Mechanized Infantry. 1 SAI Btn
Name: Ferdie
Boerseun's Tacoma Gallery
We have a bunch of Ford Explorers at work - all the same model, but all have different tires, so it is good to compare. We have GoodYears, Firestones, Dayton's, Sumitomo, etc. on them and of all of those I like the Firestone Destinations the best. The explorer that I drive has Goodyear Wranglers. They are not bad, but I think the Firestones have less road noise.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:00 AM   #14
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I really do lean a little more towards the Destination A/T. A few of our patrol vehicles have them and as long as they are run at a reasonably low air pressure they perform pretty well off-road. I have a lot of friends and family in the snowy parts of Colorado and many of them use the Destination A/T.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:52 AM   #15

Air Force:
Even though Sears is having a good sale on those GoodYears, I may be leaning towards the Firestone's... although our Firestone dealer here is a little scary... que the banjos.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:30 PM   #16
Weapon Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jholder70 View Post
our Firestone dealer here is a little scary... que the banjos.
Wear your chainmail boxer shorts and you'll be fine!
Old 02-16-2012, 04:45 PM   #17
I want a Painkiller!
Noslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedNoslow100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Noslow100's Tacoma Gallery
I put the Firestone's on my wifes 4 Runner and they are great. She is on the second set. They wear very well. Great tread life and have handled great in all weather conditions. Very little road noise as well. I can't speak of how they will do offroad though.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:58 PM   #18
DCtacoma is on a distinguished road
Navy: AE
DCtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I have 265/75/16 firestone A/T's and so far great on the road, havnt been offroad in them at all, ride really good low noise but my last set of tires were cooper stt's.