LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac's Mileage

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-14-2012, 09:01 AM   #1
Made in Maine.... Yessah bub!
JNome has a spectacular aura aboutJNome has a spectacular aura aboutJNome has a spectacular aura about

Coast Guard: Ensign
Name: Jake
JNome's Tacoma Gallery
Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac's Mileage

So I've been checking out the Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs and have read some great reviews on here on them. I was just wodering, what have people been getting for mileage and treadlife out of them. Any issues with cupping?
Old 02-14-2012, 09:06 AM   #2
GP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
When I upgraded to 265/75/r16, I noticed a drop in MPG, but I also noticed my speedo now matches my GPS speed perfectly.

So... Not a fair comparison before and after, IMO. I'm thinking my MPG prior to the new tires was off.

My tires are too new to notice any cupping.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:08 AM   #3
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: sKiP
XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
these tires absolutely suck.....but maybe you should search for the other 20 threads on this SAME topic that have been around for eons.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:10 AM   #5
GP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGP3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GP3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacooon View Post
What's so bad about the duratrac reason I ask those might be my next set of tires
He is most likely being sarcastic. He wants people to search. The topic has been covered more than a few times.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:24 AM   #6
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Yeah gotta search. I have maybe 20000 on mine and they still look new.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:26 AM   #7
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXX View Post
these tires absolutely suck.....but maybe you should search for the other 20 threads on this SAME topic that have been around for eons.
You suck, EAD. Dirty Jersian.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:27 AM   #8
BDUF#
XXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shedXXXX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98tacoma27 View Post
You suck, EAD. Dirty Jersian.

-1 for personal attacks

you dirty meth mouthed mountain man
Old 02-14-2012, 09:28 AM   #9
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Quote:
-1 for personal attacks

you dirty meth mouthed mountain man
My durahacks can out wheel your durahacks any day.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:29 AM   #10
BDUF#

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My durahacks can out wheel your durahacks any day.
open/open < LSD

and you cheat you SOB....running and gunning with two tires on the grass

No X-box today?
Old 02-14-2012, 09:31 AM   #11

Marines:
Quote:
open/open < LSD

and you cheat you SOB....running and gunning with two tires on the grass

No X-box today?
Wheeling is wheeling bish. More skinny > LSD

When did I have two wheels on the grass? I remember having two wheels in the air, but not on the grass.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:34 AM   #12
BDUF#

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Wheeling is wheeling bish. More skinny > LSD
When did I have two wheels on the grass? I remember having two wheels in the air, but not on the grass.
where Chad got stuck you bastardo

oh and to answer OP....I have 75,000 miles on mine with 50% tread left
Old 02-14-2012, 09:36 AM   #13

Marines:
Quote:
where Chad got stuck you bastardo

oh and to answer OP....I have 75,000 miles on mine with 50% tread left
I wasn't on the grass.............It was a stump

OP, not sure how much I have on mine. I'll have to figure that out when I get home. I definitely don't have as much as ^that^ DB though.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:37 AM   #14
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
given the tread design...i'd say you could expect 30-40k out of them...maybe less cause the rubber is a little softer

I love the look of the Duratracs for though and am considering them myself
Old 02-14-2012, 09:44 AM   #15

Marines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
given the tread design...i'd say you could expect 30-40k out of them...maybe less cause the rubber is a little softer

Bad idea for you considering the temps you see in AZ and the softer compounds in the tire.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:02 AM   #16
BDUF#

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post

30k here and still 1/2 my treads left, but like Ben said hot temps would be no good for a snow tire.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:57 PM   #17
Made in Maine.... Yessah bub!
JNome has a spectacular aura aboutJNome has a spectacular aura aboutJNome has a spectacular aura about

Coast Guard: Ensign
Name: Jake
JNome's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
30k here and still 1/2 my treads left, but like Ben said hot temps would be no good for a snow tire.
30 K... not bad. Thanks for the info. I'll check out some of the other threads too to see what guys are getting.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:02 PM   #18
BDUF#

XXXX's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...ml#post1421367

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...ml#post4265950

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...ml#post4266570

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...ml#post4109775

here are some for you.

just go to wheels & tires and search "duratrac"

literally 10 pages of threads will pop up

and if you have any questions just post them in those threads or PM someone from the thread.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:32 AM   #20
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery