Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Got a Question!!!

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-14-2012, 02:01 PM   #1
hmongvue is on a distinguished road
hmongvue's Tacoma Gallery
Got a Question!!!

So I decided to deplay the x-mas/birthday present for my dad since he already had studded snow tires on for the winter.

Will now that it is getting warmer I am going to purchase the Goodyear DuraTracs for his truck in the next week or so.

So my question is what tire sizes will fit or recommend for his wheels.
He has 3 sets of wheels.
1st set of wheels he has are these:

and the other 2 set of wheels are these:

I notice there are 2 of these wheels. I dont know if he has 15x7 or 15x6 but he has 2 sets of these wheels.

So would the 235/75/15 or 31/10.5.15 DuraTracs fit which wheel or is best recommend?
Old 02-14-2012, 02:06 PM   #2
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
What year truck? Any lift, etc?
Old 02-14-2012, 02:25 PM   #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by himmie View Post
What year truck? Any lift, etc?
98 tacoma
no lift - all stock
Old 02-14-2012, 02:39 PM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
6-lug or 5-lug?

I know the pics you posted are 6 but just checking.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:06 PM   #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
6-lug or 5-lug?

I know the pics you posted are 6 but just checking.
6 lug
Old 02-15-2012, 02:36 PM   #6
TTT
Old 02-15-2012, 09:19 PM   #7
any help????
Old 02-15-2012, 09:20 PM   #8
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
TACOMABOSS's Tacoma Gallery
hmm the first ones are 15x7. the stock size is 31's. you MIGHT be able to fit 32's
Old 02-15-2012, 11:07 PM   #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMABOSS View Post
hmm the first ones are 15x7. the stock size is 31's. you MIGHT be able to fit 32's
oh okay.. Will I am just considering 235s and 31s. I know my dad is running 225s on all 3 sets.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:08 PM   #10
The reason why I am considering or hoping 235s will fitt the first wheels is because they are cheaper then 31s. However what do you guys suggest or recommend??
Old 02-16-2012, 01:46 PM   #11
So I decided to deplay the x-mas/birthday present for my dad since he already had studded snow tires on for the winter.

Will now that it is getting warmer I am going to purchase the Goodyear DuraTracs for his truck in the next week or so.

So my question is what tire sizes will fit or recommend for his wheels.
He has 3 sets of wheels.
1st set of wheels he has are these:

and the other 2 set of wheels are these:

I notice there are 2 of these wheels. I dont know if he has 15x7 or 15x6 but he has 2 sets of these wheels.

So would the 235/75/15 or 31/10.5.15 DuraTracs fit which wheel or is best recommend??
Old 02-16-2012, 03:20 PM   #12
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmongvue View Post
The reason why I am considering or hoping 235s will fitt the first wheels is because they are cheaper then 31s. However what do you guys suggest or recommend??
The 235's are smaller, and less wide than the aforementioned 31x10.5's. They will fit fine, but they will look pretty tiny.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:19 PM   #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
The 235's are smaller, and less wide than the aforementioned 31x10.5's. They will fit fine, but they will look pretty tiny.
oh okay. Yeah I am not sure. all of my dad's tires are 225s so i figured 235s would look better on his truck.
Old 02-20-2012, 01:28 PM   #14
Also another question: Would you guys recommend getting them sip even though they come sipped already?
Old 02-20-2012, 01:41 PM   #15
TACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMABOSS is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter:
Quote:
Also another question: Would you guys recommend getting them sip even though they come sipped already?
les schwab really supports that. ive done their little test and it works but it makes tires chunk easier. if your dad does a lot of off roading i would not sip them
Old 02-21-2012, 01:53 PM   #16
Quote:
les schwab really supports that. ive done their little test and it works but it makes tires chunk easier. if your dad does a lot of off roading i would not sip them
he hardly goes off roading. Less then 6-8 times a yr. Did sipping them help more on longevity?
Old 02-21-2012, 07:34 PM   #17
Firefighter:
Quote:
he hardly goes off roading. Less then 6-8 times a yr. Did sipping them help more on longevity?
yeah a little. it supposedly makes them run at cooler temps
Old 02-22-2012, 02:45 PM   #18
Quote:
yeah a little. it supposedly makes them run at cooler temps
oh okay. thanks for the info. didn't think I could get them sipped some more when they already come sipped.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:46 PM   #19
So to recap: 235/75/15s and 31/10.5/15s both will fit BOTH wheels or just the first wheel I posted up???
Old 02-22-2012, 04:11 PM   #20
Firefighter:
Quote:
So to recap: 235/75/15s and 31/10.5/15s both will fit BOTH wheels or just the first wheel I posted up???
I cant say anything for the 235s but the 31/10.5/15s i know will fit. thats what i used to have