Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

285/75-16

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-15-2012, 07:23 AM   #1
brelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud of
Air Force:
Name: Terry
brelandt's Tacoma Gallery
285/75-16

I work for Firestone and well since it was Valentines yesterday we didn't have any customers. So I grabbed a set of LT285/75-16 Revo 2 and mounted it to my stock rim to see where they might rub since I no longer have a lift on my truck.
To my surprise they didn't rub at all! I drove around and flexed it a bit and nothing.
To be honest I only had them on the passengerside and the tire was real close to hitting the cab side of the wheelweel.. If anything I may have to trim that side back.
So I bought a set of 4 and will install them when I can. I do plan on putting my lift back on still.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:40 AM   #2
Woods & Water Edition
REDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
REDTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Were they M/T or A/T?
Old 02-16-2012, 07:25 AM   #5
brelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud ofbrelandt has much to be proud of
Air Force:
Yep a/t. I get them for 50% and do not have to pay for mounting or any of that other stuff. I am still going to install a lift. I'll get the pics. Right now they are stacked in the corner of my shop waiting for me to get around to them. Too busy working on everyone else's stuff first.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:34 AM   #6
txduckhunter is a splendid one to beholdtxduckhunter is a splendid one to beholdtxduckhunter is a splendid one to beholdtxduckhunter is a splendid one to beholdtxduckhunter is a splendid one to beholdtxduckhunter is a splendid one to beholdtxduckhunter is a splendid one to behold

Name: Ryan
txduckhunter's Tacoma Gallery
How did you clear your ucas?
Old 02-16-2012, 11:34 AM   #7
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by txduckhunter View Post
How did you clear your ucas?
I'd attribute it to the fairly non-aggressive, and inward sloping sidewall that the revo2's have. Probably just barely clears.

Old 02-16-2012, 10:15 PM   #8
Air Force:
must be that? I drove the truck around a little and flexed it on the alignment ramp and it never once hit anything. I measured the tire at 32-3/8" tall and about 10-1/2" wide.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:28 PM   #9
Captain
Juggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuggernaut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Juggernaut's Tacoma Gallery
I want some revo 2's at a discount...
Old 02-16-2012, 10:43 PM   #10
Mr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mr.Ed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brelandt View Post
I work for Firestone and well since it was Valentines yesterday we didn't have any customers. So I grabbed a set of LT285/75-16 Revo 2 and mounted it to my stock rim to see where they might rub since I no longer have a lift on my truck.
To my surprise they didn't rub at all! I drove around and flexed it a bit and nothing.
To be honest I only had them on the passengerside and the tire was real close to hitting the cab side of the wheelweel.. If anything I may have to trim that side back.
So I bought a set of 4 and will install them when I can. I do plan on putting my lift back on still.
tread width Fierstone 285/75/16 DESTINATION M/T 8.9" , sect width 11.3"
Tread width BFG 285/75/16 9.2" , sect. width 11.3"
Just my 2.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:41 AM   #11
Air Force:
Good info Mr.Ed, trying to take a measurement of a rubber tire and a tape measure is not very accurate. However, with the tires pumped to 26 psi I only got 10.5" at it's widest point? Just eyeballing it though.
Old 02-17-2012, 09:50 AM   #12
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by brelandt View Post
must be that? I drove the truck around a little and flexed it on the alignment ramp and it never once hit anything. I measured the tire at 32-3/8" tall and about 10-1/2" wide.
32 3/8 , no chance it's a 275 ?
Old 02-17-2012, 09:55 AM   #13
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
That was on the truck though. Probably lost some height from the weight of the vehicle if that's what I'm thinking he did.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:56 AM   #14
Air Force:
not on truck. I measure that while the tire was unmounted and standing on the floor. I never did measure it while it was mounted. Figured it didn't matter to me at the time. Since it's a LT the tire never bulged under the weight of my truck.
Old 02-19-2012, 03:10 PM   #15
bootboiler has a spectacular aura aboutbootboiler has a spectacular aura about
Navy: Suppo
bootboiler's Tacoma Gallery
Sub'd
Old 02-20-2012, 07:33 AM   #16
Air Force:
ok, update...even though yesterday we had a WHOLE LOT of customers we found time to install my 1" poly lift block and longer studs (I don't off road) for extra clearance and looks. Took 20 minutes to install both sides and then got my tires mounted and balanced. Soon as I pulled it out of the garage I turned full right and the inside of the tire hit the front of the UCA. Passengerside still clears however. Since I didn't check for clearance on the drivers side or with the 1" spacer I wasn't 100% on this. But it only hits when I turn all the way to full lock. Might need a small wheel shim or spacer.
The tires rode great. Low noise and very nice over the bumps and reflectors on the road.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:31 AM   #18
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
Old 02-20-2012, 08:49 AM   #19
txduckhunter is a splendid one to beholdtxduckhunter is a splendid one to beholdtxduckhunter is a splendid one to beholdtxduckhunter is a splendid one to beholdtxduckhunter is a splendid one to beholdtxduckhunter is a splendid one to beholdtxduckhunter is a splendid one to behold

Name: Ryan
txduckhunter's Tacoma Gallery
Pics...
Old 02-20-2012, 09:20 AM   #20
Air Force:
sister has camera and I hadn't had a day off in awhile to go over there and get it. This kid at work has a good smart phone. If he is there I'll see about getting him to take some pics.