Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

What do you guys think about these tires?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-15-2012, 10:43 AM   #1
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
What do you guys think about these tires?

Found these tires on craigslist. $540 for a set of 4 10ply Falken high country A/T. LINK --> http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/ptd/2850580355.html

Seems like a good deal for decent tire or should I stay away?
Old 02-15-2012, 10:45 AM   #3
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
Wicked deal.
yeah
Old 02-15-2012, 10:46 AM   #4
Dustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shedDustyroades is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Dustyroades's Tacoma Gallery
I would check the date of manufacture to make sure they are new. Tires age even without use.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:47 AM   #5
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustyroades View Post
I would check the date of manufacture to make sure they are new. Tires age even without use.
theyve got stickers on them, of course they're brand new

it's a good idea OP.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:57 AM   #7
Texasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud of

Name: Chance
Texasdynaryder's Tacoma Gallery
Great tire. Running them now. I paid a hair under 200a tire for mine.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:03 AM   #8
Nom Nom Nom
05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed05RedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tony
05RedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone has experience with these? What is the life expectany of these tires? I need the tires to last at least 50k miles. I put about 20k miles on my truck a year. I have had this truck since August and already put 10k miles on it...
Old 02-15-2012, 11:39 AM   #9
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
10 ply Load range E. Say goodbye to your MPG.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:57 AM   #11
Go Pro Junkie
Toy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy Yoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Garrett
Toy Yoda's Tacoma Gallery
sweet deal, i've heard good things about falkens
Old 02-15-2012, 12:02 PM   #12
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Heard the Falkens are heavy and that they become hard to balance with miles....just what I heard. Seems like a solid deal though bud...go for it
Old 02-16-2012, 05:22 AM   #13
Texasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud ofTexasdynaryder has much to be proud of

Name: Chance
Texasdynaryder's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08WhiteTaco View Post
Anyone has experience with these? What is the life expectany of these tires? I need the tires to last at least 50k miles. I put about 20k miles on my truck a year. I have had this truck since August and already put 10k miles on it...
I wouldnt see why you cant get good mileage out of them. Just rotate them regularly like you should. I run all over the place on mine. These pipeline mats tear tires up big time. You will see a small drop in mpgs but nothing retarded. I still get 17-18 ish when on the highway. And I usually run 70-80. So your decision. Good luck
Old 02-16-2012, 05:36 AM   #14
Hello, my name is Maser... and I'm an alcoholic
maser is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
maser's Tacoma Gallery
Def sounds like a good deal to me. Why can't I find stuff like this on CL? I look almost daily and never come across anything good for my rig except for the occasional scam.....
Old 02-23-2012, 09:56 AM   #16
PkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of lightPkTaco is a glorious beacon of light
Name: David
PkTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I'd rock them for that price.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:01 AM   #17
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
The picture definitely isn't of the Falken High Country, looks more like the wild peak. Upon closer inspection, the sticker actually says Wild Peak.

I ran the High Country's for about 18-20k miles, they had total 25k "ish" on them. They ran great and still had plenty of tread left. I could have easily gotten 35-40. The performed well for me but I really wanted a more aggressive looking AT. I've heard mixed reviews about the Wild Peak, I would be leery. The High Country doesn't look as "cool" but seems to get better across the board reviews.

High Country:

Wild Peak:

Old 02-23-2012, 11:17 AM   #18
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
10 ply = HARSH RIDE

Go Firestone ATs you can get them new for around 650-700