Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

I need some pointer on wheels for my truck!!

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-15-2012, 01:51 PM   #1
mstoudt is on a distinguished road
Name: michael
mstoudt's Tacoma Gallery
I need some pointer on wheels for my truck!!

i have a 3 inch suspension lift and a 3 inch body lift on my 04' Tacoma SR5 double cab. and im rumming 285/75/16 pro comps. and i only have about a 1/4 inch from my A arm n coil overs n whatnot. and i think need an off set wheel to set me out a little more i only what like 3/4 - 1 inch space from my tire and my A arm and everything. and i want a wider wheel as well like 8 inchs compared to 6 like my stock wheels are. i want nice looking ones that are good quality but i dont want to spend too much.. so what im asking is.. what size wheel do i need and maybe some bands or something to look at ? thanks !
Old 02-15-2012, 03:03 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW. Your stock wheels have 4.5" backspacing. So if you find one with, for example 3.75" BS, that will push the tire away from the control arm by 0.75".

With 285's you should be looking at 8-9" wide wheels.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:36 PM   #3
mstoudt's Tacoma Gallery
ok thanks a ton! does that also come in a negative number ? or is it positive ? you have any suggestions on wheels ? or you know any websites that have the size i need i like the ion alloy 174 black and the eagle alloy 185 something along thoses lines. thanks !
Old 02-15-2012, 04:59 PM   #4
mstoudt's Tacoma Gallery
and would a -11mm work? how much space do ya think that would bring me out from my control arm ? thanks !
Old 02-15-2012, 05:08 PM   #5
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstoudt View Post
and would a -11mm work? how much space do ya think that would bring me out from my control arm ? thanks !
What is the width of the rim. Backspacing depends in both width and offset.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:06 PM   #6
mstoudt's Tacoma Gallery
16x8 .... im looking at the eagle alloy 185 black and the mickey thompson classic ll black. which ones do you think would work best for what im looking for? and what detentions and what not with all the number ? thanks !!!
Old 02-15-2012, 06:10 PM   #7
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Here is a chart (1/3rd down the page) that will help you convert width and offset to backspacing.

http://www.rsracing.com/tech-wheel.html

You should find someone who is running 285s on a first gen and ask what backspacing they have. Browse our 1st gen builds subforum and I'm sure you'll find plenty of people.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:10 PM   #8
Irish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shedIrish020 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phil
Irish020's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstoudt View Post
i have a 3 inch suspension lift and a 3 inch body lift on my 04' Tacoma SR5 double cab. and im rumming 285/75/16 pro comps. and i only have about a 1/4 inch from my A arm n coil overs n whatnot. and i think need an off set wheel to set me out a little more i only what like 3/4 - 1 inch space from my tire and my A arm and everything. and i want a wider wheel as well like 8 inchs compared to 6 like my stock wheels are. i want nice looking ones that are good quality but i dont want to spend too much.. so what im asking is.. what size wheel do i need and maybe some bands or something to look at ? thanks !
16 X 8 Ultra Drifters
Only had to take off front mudflaps and grinder for about 1/2 inch from inside of front fender wheel well lower corner...this is with new UCA's...
Old 03-26-2012, 08:36 AM   #9
DD03SR5 will become famous soon enough

Name: Derek
DD03SR5's Tacoma Gallery
Im having the same problem i have 285 75R16 km2, billys at 2.5 and spidertrack 1.25 spacers and i want the same stance that the spacers give me but evety shop i go to tells me that there srent many rims that will fit! Did you ever get some rims?