Notices

help

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-15-2012, 07:16 PM   #1
tacoduck is on a distinguished road
Name: fritz
tacoduck's Tacoma Gallery
help

ok, found some pro-comp 1079's with BF mud 30/9.5/15... anyone know if they will fit a stock '11 4x4 off-road tacoma? Anyone have these? Please post pictures.

Anyone want to give me you opinion on these. Supposed to be 3 weeks of use, wants $800.. Help!
Old 02-15-2012, 07:17 PM   #2
Stubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedStubbs95tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Stubbs95tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I dont think 15 inch rims will fit on a second gen?
Old 02-15-2012, 07:18 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbs95tacoma View Post
I dont think 15 inch rims will fit on a second gen?
They don't.

Find some new rims OP.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:19 PM   #4
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
wow,

that size as it is..is actually smaller then the stock tire that comes on the 11 Off Road model. plus, the stock rim is 16" and not 15" the size that you posted. so no, they will not fit..also, as mentioned..a 15" rim will not work on our tacomas
Old 02-15-2012, 07:20 PM   #6
Deltabox's Better Half
himmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shedhimmie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sarah
himmie's Tacoma Gallery
Most 16's are fine. 15's definitely will not work.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:41 PM   #7
tacoduck is on a distinguished road
Name: fritz
tacoduck's Tacoma Gallery
Glad I asked. How about the fj 16'' trail team back wheel? Off set/back spacing the same as the stock on my '11 off road?

Thanks for the imput.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:45 PM   #8
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoduck View Post
Glad I asked. How about the fj 16'' trail team back wheel? Off set/back spacing the same as the stock on my '11 off road?

Thanks for the imput.
Do some searching on this. You will learn some stuff by searching.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:50 AM   #9
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCooter View Post
my only concern would be the caliper size. I know on the sports the stock rims are 17'' and you supposedly cant go lower than that, but i dont know if you can or not go lower on the TRD OR.
Plenty of people run 16's on the TRD sports.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoduck View Post
The will be spaced 1" further out than your stocks wheels
Old 02-17-2012, 01:10 PM   #10
TacoSurf4x4 has much to be proud ofTacoSurf4x4 has much to be proud ofTacoSurf4x4 has much to be proud ofTacoSurf4x4 has much to be proud ofTacoSurf4x4 has much to be proud ofTacoSurf4x4 has much to be proud ofTacoSurf4x4 has much to be proud ofTacoSurf4x4 has much to be proud ofTacoSurf4x4 has much to be proud of
TacoSurf4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
wow,

that size as it is..is actually smaller then the stock tire that comes on the 11 Off Road model. plus, the stock rim is 16" and not 15" the size that you posted. so no, they will not fit..also, as mentioned..a 15" rim will not work on our tacomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by himmie View Post
Most 16's are fine. 15's definitely will not work.
Is this only on 2nd gens? I have 15's from previous owner on a 1st gen... seems to work fine