1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Someone help please?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Bullshipus, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Feb 15, 2012 at 9:22 PM
    Bullshipus

Bullshipus [OP] New Member

Member:
    Ok I have a 2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 4 door (Access cab) with stock aluminum wheels with the stock BF Goodrich A/T size 245X75XR16 and here is the deal :(

I just spent 650.00 dollars on these Dick Cepek DC-2 Rims.. in the standard 16x8 with an offset of 12MM and a back spacing of 4.09" get this crap when I put the wheel over the 6 lug wheel studs on the truck.. only had 3 threads showing.. :eek: I tried various lug nuts and not one will fit... they told me to use the standard "acornic" style... also told me this is the rim for my truck.. I can't void my warranty and have some genius hammering in new wheel studs..... nothing will work... please tell me what I need to do here.. I think the wheel studs are about 1/2 too short with these rims... I need answers by Friday.. before UPS comes to pick up these rims and I'm out 100.00 + restocking fee....:(

Help!!!

Offset: -12mm Backspacing: 4.09" Bolt Pattern: 6-139
    Rec. Tire Size:245/75-16
    Weight: 20.0lbs.

2. Feb 15, 2012 at 9:30 PM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    The only answer for you to keep the rims is to install new, longer studs. I'm not sure why that would void any warranties. This is an easy DIY.

3. Feb 15, 2012 at 10:53 PM
    Bullshipus

Member:
    Thank you for replying... any other options? I've been reading about these spline lug nuts and E/T lug nuts... think those will tighten down to be SAFE to drive?????

4. Feb 16, 2012 at 5:47 AM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
  5. Feb 18, 2012 at 12:58 PM
    Bullshipus

Member:
    Ok.. I have the answer.. all you have to do IS... buy a set of "ET" (Extended threads) and it works perfect!! (Worked on my truck)

Thanks guys!

Products Discussed in

To Top