Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Someone help please?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-15-2012, 10:22 PM   #1
Bullshipus is on a distinguished road
Bullshipus's Tacoma Gallery
Someone help please?

Ok I have a 2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 4 door (Access cab) with stock aluminum wheels with the stock BF Goodrich A/T size 245X75XR16 and here is the deal

I just spent 650.00 dollars on these Dick Cepek DC-2 Rims.. in the standard 16x8 with an offset of 12MM and a back spacing of 4.09" get this crap when I put the wheel over the 6 lug wheel studs on the truck.. only had 3 threads showing.. I tried various lug nuts and not one will fit... they told me to use the standard "acornic" style... also told me this is the rim for my truck.. I can't void my warranty and have some genius hammering in new wheel studs..... nothing will work... please tell me what I need to do here.. I think the wheel studs are about 1/2 too short with these rims... I need answers by Friday.. before UPS comes to pick up these rims and I'm out 100.00 + restocking fee....

Help!!!

Offset: -12mm Backspacing: 4.09" Bolt Pattern: 6-139
Rec. Tire Size:245/75-16
Weight: 20.0lbs.
Old 02-15-2012, 11:53 PM   #3
Thank you for replying... any other options? I've been reading about these spline lug nuts and E/T lug nuts... think those will tighten down to be SAFE to drive?????
Old 02-16-2012, 06:47 AM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Did you read my thread, stickied at the top of this forum, entitled "Wheel studs too short? What to do!" ?

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...t-what-do.html

And why would new wheel studs void your warranty?
Old 02-18-2012, 01:58 PM   #5
Ok.. I have the answer.. all you have to do IS... buy a set of "ET" (Extended threads) and it works perfect!! (Worked on my truck)

Thanks guys!