LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

4wheelparts...WTF?!

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-07-2008, 01:25 PM   #1
I LiKe TaCos
BluTaco08 is just really niceBluTaco08 is just really niceBluTaco08 is just really niceBluTaco08 is just really nice

BluTaco08's Tacoma Gallery
4wheelparts...WTF?!

So I just got off the phone with the guy from 4wheelparts and he told me that they don't make any steel wheels that fit on a 2008 Tacoma ? I'm trying to get a pair of ProComp Rockcrawlers Series 87. They have a 15x7, 5x4.5 bolt pattern with either 4.5in or 3.75in backspacing. The guy told me that if I get that wheel it'll rub the caliper. WTF ? Then he told me that I had to get an aluminum wheel and it had to be at least a 17inch. I don't understand at all. Can somebody help me out ? All I want to know is if these wheels will fit or not.

EditL But yet when I enter my truck information on the website and search and for wheels, those wheel popup, meaning they fall in the WILL FIT ON MY F*ING TRUCK category.
Old 12-07-2008, 01:28 PM   #2
jaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shed
jaxchrisfla's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jaxchrisfla Send a message via Yahoo to jaxchrisfla
do you have a prerunner/4wd? if not then i can see the 5x4.5 bolt pattern. and if it is a prerunner, it is rare to find a good 16" that will work, so 17" are the norm.
Old 12-07-2008, 01:29 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluTaco08 View Post
So I just got off the phone with the guy from 4wheelparts and he told me that they don't make any steel wheels that fit on a 2008 Tacoma ? I'm trying to get a pair of ProComp Rockcrawlers Series 87. They have a 15x7, 5x4.5 bolt pattern with either 4.5in or 3.75in backspacing. The guy told me that if I get that wheel it'll rub the caliper. WTF ? Then he told me that I had to get an aluminum wheel and it had to be at least a 17inch. I don't understand at all. Can somebody help me out ? All I want to know is if these wheels will fit or not.
For the most part, 4wheel parts are idiots. Try calling them back and explain that the 5 lug is not the 4x4 or prerunner 6 lug. And 15's should fit fine.
Old 12-07-2008, 01:32 PM   #6
I LiKe TaCos
BluTaco08 is just really niceBluTaco08 is just really niceBluTaco08 is just really niceBluTaco08 is just really nice

So, I'm guessing the guy thought I was trying to put a 15inch wheel on a 4x4 ? I told him it was 2wd. I'll calling them back right now.
Old 12-07-2008, 01:32 PM   #7
I LiKe TaCos

So 15's should fit just fine correct ? What backscaping ?
Old 12-07-2008, 01:35 PM   #8
jaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shedjaxchrisfla is one of the sharper tools in the shed
prerunners are 2wd, but the same suspension setup as the 4wds which are 6 lug. now if you have a base model yota, then it will be the 5 lug pattern, in which a 15 will fit.
Old 12-07-2008, 01:35 PM   #9
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
So 15's should fit just fine correct ? What backscaping ?
Being as 15's come stock on that vehicle, they should fit without issue. Not sure what the stock back space is though.
Old 12-07-2008, 01:37 PM   #10
I LiKe TaCos

Yeah, I've just got the base model. 08 Regular Cab, 2wd, 5lug. Stock wheels are 15 with a 215/70/15. I just need to know what backsapcing to get. 4.5 or 3.75...
Old 12-07-2008, 01:37 PM   #11
I LiKe TaCos

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Being as 15's come stock on that vehicle, they should fit without issue. Not sure what the stock back space is though.
I'm pretty sure it's 4inches.
Old 12-07-2008, 01:44 PM   #12
Quote:
EditL But yet when I enter my truck information on the website and search and for wheels, those wheel popup, meaning they fall in the WILL FIT ON MY F*ING TRUCK category.

easy misconception. they are used to dealing with 6 lug trucks, and that is the info that they gave you.
Old 12-07-2008, 01:46 PM   #13
I LiKe TaCos

Okay. So, I called back and talked to somebody who knew what they were talking about and I'll be ordering the Procomp Rock Crawler Series 87, 15x7, 5 on 4.5, with 4.5inches of backspacing. Thanks for the input guys.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:30 AM   #15
Who needs 4WD?
neslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Harrelsen
neslerrah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Okay. So, I called back and talked to somebody who knew what they were talking about and I'll be ordering the Procomp Rock Crawler Series 87, 15x7, 5 on 4.5, with 4.5inches of backspacing. Thanks for the input guys.

Did you get them installed? Are you getting new tires too? Can you post pictures? Thanks.
Old 12-16-2008, 05:18 PM   #16
I LiKe TaCos

Quote:
Originally Posted by neslerrah View Post
Did you get them installed? Are you getting new tires too? Can you post pictures? Thanks.
I ordered the wheels and they're on the way. Should be here sometime in the next few weeks. As for tires, I'm keeping the stock ones until I'm ready for new ones, then I'll go with the 225/75's. When they get here and I get them installed I'll post some pics for you!
Old 12-16-2008, 05:33 PM   #17
Who needs 4WD?
neslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shedneslerrah is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Harrelsen
neslerrah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I ordered the wheels and they're on the way. Should be here sometime in the next few weeks. As for tires, I'm keeping the stock ones until I'm ready for new ones, then I'll go with the 225/75's. When they get here and I get them installed I'll post some pics for you!

Thanks! I will be ordering the Readylift kit for my 5 lugger. I am thinking of getting the wheels & tires from 4wheelparts.