1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Rims with backspace

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by doctor brevic, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Feb 17, 2012 at 2:37 PM
    doctor brevic

doctor brevic [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adolf
    blue mountains
    Vehicle:
    2.7 4x4 tacoma
    Nothing but a K&N filter
    I am the proud owner of a 2011 tacoma sinlge cab 2.7L which unlike many other trucks has never dissapointed me on my winter time journey to my rural home. Of course because of the ridiculous location of my home the very first thing I bought after leaving the lot was a pair of excrutiatingly serious tire chains. Now, anyone who knows they're snow, ice, or clay based off-roading knows that the chains are best put on the front tires. The only problem is, come to find out, that I dont have a gnats a** of backspace for them in front, only in back. They worked out pretty ok but somewhere along the lines I have come to miss my ability to steer. Hmmm... How about that?:) well, bottom line is that a good friend of mine alerted me to a concept that I had forgotten about, rims in which the lugs set in a little deeper so that the tires would be pushed out slightly farther, I only need an extra inch and a half over factory to feel comfortable. Does anyone know of some nice looking rims that can hold up under stress as good as or better than the factory rims?

2. Feb 19, 2012 at 12:32 PM
    TexasTacoma37

TexasTacoma37 Well-Known Member

Member:
    I really have no idea what you are trying to ask here. It's apparent that you don't know what the word backspacing means, so I can't track what you are getting at here.

3. Feb 19, 2012 at 12:46 PM
    lil J

lil J Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jacen
    Louisville
    Vehicle:
    99 Tacoma 4wd V6 Horizon Blue
    Old Man Emu Suspension
    I think you're confusing backspacing with offset. A simple fix would be to get some spidertrax spacers. Lots of members use them and give them good reviews. I think they're like 100 bucks a pair.

4. Feb 19, 2012 at 12:51 PM
    tostidos

tostidos Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Apple Valley, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 LT 6spd
    if you just throw 1.5 spacers on the front you may run into rubbing issues. not sure on the 5 lugs tho.

5. Mar 1, 2012 at 2:25 PM
    doctor brevic

doctor brevic [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Adolf
    blue mountains
    Vehicle:
    2.7 4x4 tacoma
    Nothing but a K&N filter
    Yeah, I may have confused the word backspace for another word, sorry about that:eek:. What is mean is that the wheel would set further away from the center of the vehicle

Products Discussed in

To Top