Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Too confused to buy wheels!!

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-08-2008, 12:14 PM   #1
Heiko is on a distinguished road
Heiko's Tacoma Gallery
Question Too confused to buy wheels!!

Well I've been a long time "lurker" of this site but this is my first post.

First of all, great site with lots of info and many tips/secrets for the Tacoma. Thanks for all the valuable info I've gained since finding this place.

I have a 2006 Dbl Cab 4x4 SR5 with Automatic trans.

I'm trying to order some new wheels for it and will be lifting it in the spring (either 5100's or a Toytec 3" lift). Stock wheels are 16", tires are 245/75/16. My plan is to run 265/75/16 on new wheels or 285's if possible.

I've read a bunch of info about wheels on this site but can't seem to get things straight. I know people say the 16x8 wheels with 0 offset and 4.5 backspace are supposed to fit, but some makes have an issue with the brake calipers?

The only wheels I can get around here are Pro Comp, Mickey Thompson, and some Ultra Wheels. I don't have the ability to test fit so when I order they need to fit!

Can somebody please give me some examples of these wheels that are proven to fit 100% on my truck? Even the 17x8 wheels that are known to fit would also be helpfull as I can also run 265/70/17 correct?

Thanks again
Old 12-08-2008, 12:36 PM   #3
Heiko's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Longbow, I actually saw your truck and wheels while surfing this site awhile ago and they are exactly what I'm looking for.

The only thing I was unsure of was that you have TC UCA's and I didn't really want to get into buying these. Do you know if they make a difference to the fit of the wheel? Do you think the Moto Metal 955's would fit my truck without the UCA's?

What's the specs on your wheels?
Old 12-09-2008, 02:58 PM   #5
Heiko's Tacoma Gallery
Come on guys, I'm sure there are a lot of you running Pro Comp's, Mickey Thompson's, and Ultra's on this set up. Help a guy out.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:02 PM   #6
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
Welcome to TW...Stock wheels here
Old 12-11-2008, 10:14 PM   #7
Heiko's Tacoma Gallery
anybody?