Notices

Trying to see if the wheels i want will not harm my truck

* Tire Finding Tools Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-20-2012, 09:50 AM   #1
Cincysean is on a distinguished road
Cincysean's Tacoma Gallery
Trying to see if the wheels i want will not harm my truck

Hi all,

I'm new to the site as well as customizing trucks but I'm finding myself getting more and more into it with my Taco ( I hear this is a sickness with us Taco owners) but i have a major question that the local dealer's service dept. seemed to be clueless about. (or too lazy to give me an answer on)

I have a 07 Dbl Cab Sport that came with the TRD Sport Alloy Wheels: 17x7.5, 30 mm offset, 5.5" backspacing, 6x5.5" bolt pattern. They have 265 r70 17 tires on them that have 80% of the tread left.

I'm looking to put on new wheels with the following specs: 17"x8", Offset 25mm, backspacing 5.5", bolt pattern 6-139, 26.8lbs.

My questions/concerns are: 1. Will they work with the truck? 2. Will they work with the tires i have? 3. Will they harm anything related to the drivetrain, transmission, gears, etc. 4. Does the Sport have TPMS sensors on them and will i need to purchase the sensors from the tirerack.com site?

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated by this newbie.
Thanks in advance!

Here is the link to the wheels i am looking to put on in case it helps: http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...&sort=Diameter
Old 02-20-2012, 04:34 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
The specs look good for the 265s. You will have to swap over your tpms sensors.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:12 AM   #3
skiz19 is on a distinguished road
skiz19's Tacoma Gallery
I'm looking at finally doing some work to my baby, and would like to thank toyota dealers for not dealing with sub-par stock rims that are starting to severely oxidize...ahem, which motiviated me to do so.

Will the following work with stock 265/65 R17 Duelers?

Going from: Stock TRD Sport Alloy Wheels: 17x7.5, +1" offset, 5.5" backspacing, 6x5.5" bolt pattern, 4.25" hub bore

To (hopefully): Racline Raptors: 17x9, 0" offset (on site), 5" backspacing, 6x5.5" bolt pattern, 4.25" hub bore

First time dealing with this, so my concern is for caliper clearance with the .5" loss of backspacing.

Thanks all.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:15 AM   #4
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skiz19 View Post
I'm looking at finally doing some work to my baby, and would like to thank toyota dealers for not dealing with sub-par stock rims that are starting to severely oxidize...ahem, which motiviated me to do so.

Going from: Stock TRD Sport Alloy Wheels: 17x7.5, +1" offset, 5.5" backspacing, 6x5.5" bolt pattern, 4.25" hub bore

To (hopefully): Racline Raptors: 17x9, 0" offset (on site), 5" backspacing, 6x5.5" bolt pattern, 4.25" hub bore

First time dealing with this, so my concern is for caliper clearance with the .5" loss of backspacing.

Thanks all.
The "loss" of BS actually pushes the wheel out from the truck further, in your case by .5". You will be fine.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:23 PM   #5
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincysean View Post
Hi all,

I'm new to the site as well as customizing trucks but I'm finding myself getting more and more into it with my Taco ( I hear this is a sickness with us Taco owners) but i have a major question that the local dealer's service dept. seemed to be clueless about. (or too lazy to give me an answer on)

I have a 07 Dbl Cab Sport that came with the TRD Sport Alloy Wheels: 17x7.5, 30 mm offset, 5.5" backspacing, 6x5.5" bolt pattern. They have 265 r70 17 tires on them that have 80% of the tread left.

I'm looking to put on new wheels with the following specs: 17"x8", Offset 25mm, backspacing 5.5", bolt pattern 6-139, 26.8lbs.

My questions/concerns are: 1. Will they work with the truck? 2. Will they work with the tires i have? 3. Will they harm anything related to the drivetrain, transmission, gears, etc. 4. Does the Sport have TPMS sensors on them and will i need to purchase the sensors from the tirerack.com site?

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated by this newbie.
Thanks in advance!

Here is the link to the wheels i am looking to put on in case it helps: http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Wheel...&sort=Diameter
It should be a direct swap. You can use your current tires and TPMS without any issues.

Quote:

Thanks all.
Looking at Bridgestone's specs, it looks like your current tires are approved for a 9" wheel. You shouldn't have any caliper clearance issues. However, keep in mind that with 9" wheels, you'll probably rub a little on the plastic liner. It shouldn't be anything major, but be prepared to do a little cutting.
Old 09-20-2012, 09:10 AM   #6
skiz19's Tacoma Gallery
Ok, again, newb here, ha..

uh...plastic liner of......what? lol
Old 09-20-2012, 09:11 AM   #7
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ok, again, newb here, ha..

uh...plastic liner of......what? lol
The inner fender is a black plastic liner
Old 09-29-2012, 12:45 PM   #8
skiz19's Tacoma Gallery
At the garage awaiting install completion. Will post pics when done. Thanks for the help fellas.
Old 11-06-2012, 02:41 PM   #9
skiz19's Tacoma Gallery
Pic

Sorry for the delay. I love em.
Attached Thumbnails
Trying to see if the wheels i want will not harm my truck-image.jpg  

Products Discussed in this Thread