Notices

Yet another will these fit thread

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-08-2008, 08:59 PM   #1
JeremyS is on a distinguished road

JeremyS's Tacoma Gallery
Yet another will these fit thread

Hey guys,

I've browsed through tons of pages of info here but can't find any definite answer.

2009 4x4 double cab with toytech coilvers to 3", rear 2" aal, rear bilstein 5125's.

I'm pretty set on Nitto Terra Grapplers, 285/70/17's to be exact

I'm looking at Pro Comp alloys 7005's. The problem is do I run 17x9s at 4.75" BS -6mm offset or 17x8s at 4.5" BS 0mm offset?

I was also interested in 18x9s but they have a BS of 5" with 0mm offset, I'd have to run a 285/65/18 which I believe I'd run into problems with?

Thanks for any help
Old 12-09-2008, 09:54 AM   #3
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
All that crap is greek to me, for some reason i cant understand it. Wish i could help!
Old 12-09-2008, 10:16 AM   #5
They Still Love To Hate Me! - T.O.
billas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant futurebillas333 has a brilliant future

Name: Joel
billas333's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to billas333
LOL u can easily have that answered by a tire/wheel shop guy

However from my understanding a "negative" number offset like -6 will push the wheel out away from the trucks body more which is useful with larger tires. I am gonna be going with 17x9 with 5" backspace and 0mm offset. I believe the offset is measure from the outside edge of the wheel to the inside. So basically your 17x9's with 4.75"bs and -6mm offset (with -6mm being around a 1/4inch) you will be sitting the same as my 17x9's with 5"bs and 0mm offset.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:16 AM   #6
AKA: Jake the Wolf
kristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant future

kristopherl's Tacoma Gallery
I would say the 4.75 has a better chance for not having the tire rub on the UCA.

Chris4X4 may know for sure.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:17 AM   #7

JeremyS's Tacoma Gallery
cool thanks a lot, I think I'll go with the 17x9 for extra width with the tire
Old 12-09-2008, 10:21 AM   #8
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by billas333 View Post
LOL u can easily have that answered by a tire/wheel shop guy

However from my understanding a "negative" number offset like -6 will push the wheel out away from the trucks body more which is useful with larger tires. I am gonna be going with 17x9 with 5" backspace and 0mm offset. I believe the offset is measure from the outside edge of the wheel to the inside. So basically your 17x9's with 4.75"bs and -6mm offset (with -6mm being around a 1/4inch) you will be sitting the same as my 17x9's with 5"bs and 0mm offset.
Offset is measured from the center line of the wheel. If the wheel has 0mm offset the back of the wheel where it mounts to the hub is exactly in the center of the wheel. A negative offset will bring the mounting point towards the back of the wheel, making it stick out of the wheel well more. A positive offset will bring the mounting point more to the front of the wheel, making it tuck up under the wheel well more.
Edit:
Old 12-09-2008, 10:23 AM   #9
dabighi has a little shameless behaviour in the past
dabighi's Tacoma Gallery
ya go with the 17x9 with the 4.75bs. have a friend runnin the 7089's same dimensions with no problem. little bit of trimming but then again everyone has to trim.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:29 AM   #10

JeremyS's Tacoma Gallery
thanks dudes, I called a local shop here about it and "both will work" didn't really do it for me, rather listen to guys here that actually have solid experience with this stuff.