Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Probably about to pull the trigger on new tires

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-22-2012, 10:29 AM   #1
Drive it like a 4WD
Gabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Gabassman's Tacoma Gallery
Probably about to pull the trigger on new tires

Thinking about pulling the trigger on some kelly safari tsr. My buddy has a guy that sells kelly tires and can get me a set for $650 in 265/75r16. Seems to be a good deal. Also what is the average cost to get them mounted and balanced if I take them to a tire shop I didnt buy them from?
Old 02-22-2012, 01:49 PM   #2
lvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Allan
lvlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
dismount/mount and balance averages $40 per rim..
Old 02-22-2012, 02:20 PM   #3
Drive it like a 4WD
Gabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedGabassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Just checked at walmart it came to about 25 a tire but i dont know how much they charge for dismount.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:33 PM   #4
DaBears is on a distinguished road
Army:
DaBears's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
dismount/mount and balance averages $40 per rim..

Good Night!! find a different place. I had my done for $40 for all four
Old 02-22-2012, 02:35 PM   #5
stmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
stmpjmpr's Tacoma Gallery
had mine done for $60.00 all 4 and I didnt even buy the tires from the shop.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:38 PM   #6
Drive it like a 4WD

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBears View Post
Good Night!! find a different place. I had my done for $40 for all four
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmpjmpr View Post
had mine done for $60.00 all 4 and I didnt even buy the tires from the shop.
Yea i figured i will have to shop around but jsut wanting to get an idea about what ppl are paying.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:44 PM   #7
berg2065 is on a distinguished road
berg2065's Tacoma Gallery
$650 is a good price for tsr's. I have had mine for 8000 miles now, they are wearing great with no issues.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:38 PM   #8
Drive it like a 4WD

Quote:
Originally Posted by berg2065 View Post
$650 is a good price for tsr's. I have had mine for 8000 miles now, they are wearing great with no issues.
My buddy has a friend that sells them at wholesale to tire companies. Once he quoted me a price i got really interested in this tire, sofar every thing i have read says they are a good tire.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:43 AM   #9
Drive it like a 4WD

Going to get tires Friday. Getting them from a shop that a family friend works at. Kelly safari tsr 265/75r16 lifetime balance and rotation with manufacturer warranty $698 including tax. I feel this is a better deal than paying 650 for just tires and having to try to make a deal with tire shop to mount and balance for a decent price.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:52 AM   #10
Kenny Fuckin Powers
jtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtav2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
jtav2002's Tacoma Gallery
I paid $35 to have my new wheels and tires mounted and balanced.
Old 02-27-2012, 01:58 PM   #11
ayunk04 is on a distinguished road

Name: Adam
ayunk04's Tacoma Gallery
damn you got a hell of a price... goodyear qouted me like $1235 for 285/75/16. Let us know how you like the tires, im planning on getting them very soon!
Old 02-27-2012, 02:04 PM   #12
Drive it like a 4WD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayunk04 View Post
damn you got a hell of a price... goodyear qouted me like $1235 for 285/75/16. Let us know how you like the tires, im planning on getting them very soon!
Dang dude for the kellys? I couldn't imagine how much they would have wanted for the duratracs. Ill post pics Friday when I get em.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:24 PM   #13
ayunk04 is on a distinguished road

Name: Adam
ayunk04's Tacoma Gallery
Just looking at the qoute paper i have and its actually $1135 but regardless i thought it was high for the kellys lol
Old 02-27-2012, 08:01 PM   #14
Drive it like a 4WD

Quote:
Just looking at the qoute paper i have and its actually $1135 but regardless i thought it was high for the kellys lol
I think that is way too high shop around you should be able to be out the door for under 900
Old 02-29-2012, 02:23 PM   #15
Drive it like a 4WD

Too good to be true they quoted me on the wrong tires. But i can still go through my buddy and get all 4 in c load range for 600.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:44 PM   #16
ranger mac is on a distinguished road
ranger mac's Tacoma Gallery
sears will dismount/mount and balance for $49 they were quick also. just had them put on the Coopers.

Walmart won't mount a wheel that is any different size than stock ie. the size in the door sill. I found out the hard way after waitiing around.
Old 02-29-2012, 04:51 PM   #17
Drive it like a 4WD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger mac View Post
sears will dismount/mount and balance for $49 they were quick also. just had them put on the Coopers.

Walmart won't mount a wheel that is any different size than stock ie. the size in the door sill. I found out the hard way after waitiing around.
49 for all 4?
Old 03-01-2012, 06:08 AM   #18
ranger mac is on a distinguished road
ranger mac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabassman View Post
49 for all 4?
just looked it was $59 out the door for all 4
Old 03-01-2012, 06:14 AM   #19
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
T@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shedT@co_Pr3runn3r is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T@co_Pr3runn3r's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Damn, I paid less than that at GY for 275/65/18 E loads on my old truck.

Saw the Kelly's while there too. Looked pretty good. Used to run Kelly Superchargers on my car way back in the day. Good tires then, never had issue with them and decent priced too.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:03 AM   #20
Drive it like a 4WD

Just put in an order with my buddy for all four he said they will be in on the 18th damn thats a wait.