View Poll Results: what one?
mickey thompson mtz 11 17.19%
bfg mud-terrain t/akm2 33 51.56%
goodyear wrangler mt/r 11 17.19%
nitto trail grappler 14 21.88%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-22-2012, 05:32 PM   #1
dtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dtmccray's Tacoma Gallery
Tire poll

Hi I'm looking for some input on tires. Pick what you think is best for a truck that will probably be on the road more than off but isnt a daily driver.
Old 02-22-2012, 06:22 PM   #2
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Im suprised the Nitto's are getting votes lol. I dont have experience with the trail grapplers just the terra grapplers but IMO they were kinda garbage. Other people have had better luck than me with them off road. I voted Mickey Thomspon they are my next set of tires.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:08 PM   #3
UNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to beholdUNDEAD1153 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Weston
UNDEAD1153's Tacoma Gallery
I have MTZ's on my daily driver and they're pretty good, only have about 800 miles on them though, they are FREAKING LOUD on oaf though.....
Old 02-22-2012, 09:33 PM   #4
Cvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Cory
Cvd2312's Tacoma Gallery
Only mud tires I've had are the BFG's, and I loved them.

From what I've heard, they are the quietest mud terrain on the highway as well.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:35 PM   #5
If i asked my dad for money, He'd knock me out
Bfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBfoster133 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
Bfoster133's Tacoma Gallery
My mt/r are the worst wearing tire I've ever had. Lasted me 12,000 miles
Old 02-22-2012, 09:36 PM   #6
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

My Nitto's did not last very long either. Also heard alot of people having them wear real quickly alsp
Old 02-22-2012, 09:45 PM   #7
amain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shedamain is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
amain's Tacoma Gallery
KM2's are a great all around mud tire and a pretty good price too. I was able to get 50k miles out of my last set. Just put a new set on this last weekend.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:47 AM   #8
tacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacoma guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacoma guy's Tacoma Gallery
Iam running the Hankook Dynapro AT. This is my first time running this tire and I love them. I have about 1000 plus miles on them. I have always ran the BFG's till now but I will stick with the Hankooks from here on out. Just my 2 cens.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:44 AM   #9
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Buy the round ones.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:45 AM   #10
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Buy the round ones.
O rly?
Old 02-23-2012, 11:47 AM   #11

Quote:
Buy the round ones.
I heard those new fangled square wheels are gaining popularity.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:47 AM   #12
Big things have small beginnings
staticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Commo: You can talk about us, but you can't talk without us!
Name: Steve
staticsquelch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Buy the round ones.
Are you sure?

They're more expensive.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:47 AM   #13
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmccul View Post
O rly?
Yes. Too many tire polls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
I heard those new fangled square wheels are gaining popularity.
I tried them. The ride isn't very good so I went back with round.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:51 AM   #14

Quote:
Yes. Too many tire polls.

I tried them. The ride isn't very good so I went back with round.
Maybe should have a sticky Poll of all the tire listed in the sticky list.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:51 AM   #15
jbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shedjbmccul is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jbmccul's Tacoma Gallery
That's why I roll on tank tracks. Round tires cost $$$$
Old 02-23-2012, 12:02 PM   #16
Big things have small beginnings
staticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shedstaticsquelch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Commo: You can talk about us, but you can't talk without us!
Name: Steve
staticsquelch's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmccul View Post
That's why I roll on tank tracks. Round tires cost $$$$
Yeah but track pads wear out faster. LOL, hated having to change those, but breaking track is a real bitch.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:13 PM   #17
Superdavert is on a distinguished road

Name: Dave
Superdavert's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoma guy View Post
Iam running the Hankook Dynapro AT. This is my first time running this tire and I love them. I have about 1000 plus miles on them. I have always ran the BFG's till now but I will stick with the Hankooks from here on out. Just my 2 cens.

X2
Old 02-23-2012, 12:14 PM   #18
coloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
coloradotacoma's Tacoma Gallery
op: If the truck is mainly going to be on road why such aggressive off road tires? Looks?
Old 02-23-2012, 12:33 PM   #19
dtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtmccray is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dtmccray's Tacoma Gallery
More of a weekend offroad truck so I want an aggressive tire. I will be driving it on the road quite a bit though. If I didn't it would sit in my driveway and rot. Guess the biggest thing is not enough time off work so if I don't run it on the road it wouldn't get used enough to justify keeping it.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:35 PM   #20
coloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedcoloradotacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
coloradotacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmccray View Post
More of a weekend offroad truck so I want an aggressive tire. I will be driving it on the road quite a bit though. If I didn't it would sit in my driveway and rot.

The BFG Mud Terrains suck on the road and are awful in the snow