* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-23-2012, 06:30 AM   #1
robbtville is on a distinguished road
Army: 1st Ranger Bn
Name: Robb
robbtville's Tacoma Gallery
Advice on new tires

Hello all,

I have been on this forum for awhile but this is my first post. I have a 2010 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 (TRD Off-Road). I have 45k miles on it and I am looking to replace my tires as the originals are close to end of life. However, I have no idea as to which tire to get. I see so many posts on here about tires but I am still not clear as to what to get. I am hoping the some of you can help point me in the right direction.

I do mainly highway driving during the week and drive on the beach over the weekends. So, I was thinking about going with an all-terrain tire. The tires that I am looking at are:

1. General Grabber AT2
2. Nitto Terra Grappler
3. BFG All-terrain

Any feedback on any of these tires? Are there others that I should be considering?

I also have a couple of questions about tire size. My suspension is completely stock and I have read conflicting stories about whether or not 265-75-16 will fit on my truck without rubbing. Will 265-75-16 tires rub on a stock suspension? Also, will I see a decrese in gas mileage? If so, what sort of decrease will I see in gas mileage?

Thanks in advance for any help.

RLTW!
Robb
Old 02-23-2012, 06:39 AM   #2
ontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to all

ontarioyota's Tacoma Gallery
Never driven on sand but would think a wider tire would be better...opposite of snow travel
Old 02-23-2012, 06:41 AM   #3
Union Taco Man is on a distinguished road
Name: Austin
Union Taco Man's Tacoma Gallery
I have heard good things about all three of those tires so I dont think you can go wrong there.i cant comment on the other question since I have a little 5 lug.
Old 02-23-2012, 06:47 AM   #4
ontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to allontarioyota is a name known to all

ontarioyota's Tacoma Gallery
If you check tire rack>>>lots of info

Here is a link to Firestone Destination AT.....#1 rated in surveys with 21 million miles reported

Seems like a great highway tire that is not to expensive

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....tination+A%2FT
Old 02-23-2012, 06:49 AM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/whe...uspension.html

Everyone has their own opinion on tires. Choose a tire, search for user comments and buy them. That's it.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:35 AM   #6
Robertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRobertgeejr1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Robert
Robertgeejr1's Tacoma Gallery
i have the firestones on mine and they are nice. just got them 2 months ago,
go great in snow.
plan on going to outer banks this spring.