Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

tires ?!!!!

* Tire Finding Tools Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-23-2012, 08:47 PM   #1
DannyH77 is on a distinguished road
DannyH77's Tacoma Gallery
tires ?!!!!

whats up guys. im going to be getting some new tires pretty soon. not too sure yet on what to get. I was set on some bfgoodrich all terrians for a while but ive been seeing them around way too often now that ive been looking. also thought about the nitto tera grapplers ? what i really want is the bfgoodrich mud terrain but i have to take into consideration that i'm not gonna be doing as much off - roading as i would like. Any suggestions on some tires ? within a reasonable price? relatively close to 200-250?
Old 02-23-2012, 08:57 PM   #2
GuapOh is just really niceGuapOh is just really niceGuapOh is just really niceGuapOh is just really nice
GuapOh's Tacoma Gallery
Rock these and you will be pleased. Toyo MT's. They retail higher than what you mentioned but nobody pays retail.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:06 PM   #3
Resident Fishing Expert
Maverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaverick904 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kameron
Maverick904's Tacoma Gallery
love the look of my duratracs, havent had em long enough to give a full review. but they drive very nice and arent too loud.
Old 02-24-2012, 02:17 AM   #5
"Rumors of Bob, but never Bob. It is Bob, right?"
Bobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobbb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
Bobbb's Tacoma Gallery
Whichever brand you choose, based on your comments about how you plan to use your truck, I'd say go with an AT. Gives you the best on-road ride while still supporting decent off-road capability. I'm partial to Toyo Open Country's, but that could just be my bias.

BTW, I run the aforementioned Toyo MT's.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:42 AM   #6
Joe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shedJoe D is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joe
Joe D's Tacoma Gallery
There are some cool sites where you can select your truck and tire / wheel combination and see how it looks. Also places like www.thetirerack.com gets a lot of reviews and some users providing input indicate the usage of the truck when they score the tires. You may find that helpful...

Something like this: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....rrain+T%2FA+KO

or this by user rating... http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSe...00&tireIndex=1
Old 02-24-2012, 10:27 AM   #7
DannyH77 is on a distinguished road
DannyH77's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks a lot guys. Definitely helped me out a lot.
Really appreciate it. (:
Old 02-24-2012, 10:29 AM   #8
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
have heard alot of wear problems on terra grapplers I have them and they wore down fast plus i think they have a weak sidewall.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:21 AM   #9
Special Substitute Guest Member
cintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shedcintocrunch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
cintocrunch's Tacoma Gallery
I love the Dueler A/T Revos...much quieter and 95% of the BFG A/Ts...and better wet traction...

Products Discussed in this Thread