Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Wheels + Spacers Fitment

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-24-2012, 02:59 PM   #1
White and Nerdy
theTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jacob
theTupper's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to theTupper Send a message via Skype™ to theTupper
Wheels + Spacers Fitment

Okay, so I've searched the threads and found MOST of the information I need.

I'm adding 265/75/16s soon. My original plans were to add a set of spacers, too, but I've read that these tires won't fit the stock suspension with spacers added; that the spacers plus tires would require a lift.

How much lift would be required to make this setup work?

I've been debating a simple leveling kit (non TSB...so I'm thinking 5100s at .85)...would this yield enough additional clearance to run the spacers with these tires or would I need to go taller?

TIA
Old 02-25-2012, 02:11 PM   #2
White and Nerdy
theTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheTupper is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Nobody? Thanks anyway!
Old 02-25-2012, 05:23 PM   #3
valon5150 will become famous soon enough

Name: Steven
valon5150's Tacoma Gallery
I don't know much about the 2nd gens tire fitment. But A guy I worked with had an 06 or maybe it was 07 access cab, 2.7 4x4 with stock steel 16's and he ran 265/75/16 KM2's. and he had machined his own leveling spacer that was supposed to be the same as a revtek, think his was 2 or 2.5 not the full 3. He had no rubbing issues. Don't know about completely stock though...well that might not have been usefull to you at all but i figured i'd throw in my .02
Old 02-25-2012, 05:26 PM   #4
You're no good to me dead
BulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shedBulletToothTony is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
BulletToothTony's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of rims do you have?
Old 02-25-2012, 08:17 PM   #5
White and Nerdy
Stock 16s.

I know the tires will fit WITHOUT the spacers...I'm just curious to know if they will fit WITH the spacers if I add a leveling kit.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:27 PM   #6
Not very sporting to fire on an unarmed opponent.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
With spacers the tires will most likely hit on the mudflaps if you have them on , that won't really change by lifting .
Old 02-25-2012, 09:13 PM   #7
White and Nerdy
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
With spacers the tires will most likely hit on the mudflaps if you have them on , that won't really change by lifting .
So, the mudflaps are the only issue? If that's true, I'm golden as they're already history.