Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Just installed new tire ?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-29-2012, 03:20 PM   #1
OldDog is on a distinguished road
OldDog's Tacoma Gallery
Just installed new tire ?

I recently installed Michelin ms2.s 265/70/16 on my (Stock)2010 reg cab. I did the chalk test and ended up with 32psi. There so much better then the stock Dunlop 245/75/16 . The only thing I've noticed is that the ride is bouncer. Do you think I should raise the psi, or is it that the shocks are having a harder time handling the extra weight of the new tire's ( 5lbs. or each tire) ?
Old 02-29-2012, 03:30 PM   #2
worthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shedworthywads is one of the sharper tools in the shed

worthywads's Tacoma Gallery
The shocks aren't effected by the weight of the tires. Unless you go airborne.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:31 PM   #3
wolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of lightwolftree is a glorious beacon of light
Name: Rick
wolftree's Tacoma Gallery
I think what you are noticing is the wider tire (265). I installed the same tire and size on my regular cab. The Michelins are confidence inspiring aren't they, compared to the Dunlops?
Old 02-29-2012, 03:36 PM   #4
vinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shedvinnyvavoom is one of the sharper tools in the shed
vinnyvavoom's Tacoma Gallery
I am a bit confused, I thought the truck was delievered stock with Duncrap tires?
Old 02-29-2012, 03:40 PM   #6
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by seksilumpia View Post
do not inflate more than 32psi. If you do the tires go on its "tippy toes" and you dont have good traction and it will also cause premature tire ware. Our trucks i think are listed at 29 psi on the door jam.
That listing is for the factory tires .
Old 02-29-2012, 05:06 PM   #7
OldDog is on a distinguished road
OldDog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolftree View Post
I think what you are noticing is the wider tire (265). I installed the same tire and size on my regular cab. The Michelins are confidence inspiring aren't they, compared to the Dunlops?
Yes they are. Just tested them out in the snow. ....I couldn't be happier. I think there the best road tire made.