Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

XD CRANK 17 x 9 ...How far will these stick out?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-29-2012, 05:54 PM   #1
blktaco58 is on a distinguished road
blktaco58's Tacoma Gallery
XD CRANK 17 x 9 ...How far will these stick out?

Im looking into getting some 17 x 9 XD Cranks, below is the specs....
Size - 17" x 9"
Bolt Pattern - 6X5.5
Offset in mm - 0
Backspacing in inches - 5.00
Centerbore in mm - 106.25

I wanted to run some 245/75/17s on them....

Im not good with the whole Backspacing and measurements, but from these numbers does it look like this combo would work with no rubbing or UCA issues on a stock setup. Also I don't want my rims out past the fender- we have strict laws in Hawaii about this...Anyone with a rim/tire about the same size and backspacing if you could chime in and post if your tires stick out past the flare...

I know the stock sport rim is 17 x 7.5 and bs of 5.5. So this rim comes out approx 1.25 in more than that stock rim? does that sound right?
Old 03-04-2012, 11:52 AM   #2
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
it would stick out 2" more than stock. .5" from the BS and 1.5" more from the width of the wheel. normally, a 9" wheel with 0 offset is right on the edge of the fenders.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:40 PM   #3
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabian
Fabulous's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not sure if a 245 section tire is the way to go on a 9" wide rim. Most 265's aren't even spec'd for a 9" wide. Maybe a 8" wide would be a better idea?!
Old 03-04-2012, 05:36 PM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulous View Post
I'm not sure if a 245 section tire is the way to go on a 9" wide rim. Most 265's aren't even spec'd for a 9" wide. Maybe a 8" wide would be a better idea?!
Yeah there's no way you should be running a 245 on a 9" wide wheel