Notices

285 with 265 spare??

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-29-2012, 10:33 PM   #1
gacandido2010 is on a distinguished road

Name: Gabriel
gacandido2010's Tacoma Gallery
Question 285 with 265 spare??

i buying 4 285/75s but my spare is 265, is tht a problem if i get a flat and have to run the 265 with the 3 other 285s?
Old 02-29-2012, 10:35 PM   #2
Sigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to behold
Name: Sigi
Sigi's Tacoma Gallery
Just get a 285 spare
Old 02-29-2012, 10:53 PM   #4
Sigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to beholdSigi is a splendid one to behold
Sigi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by gacandido2010 View Post
dont have tht money
How about a used one. I got one for cheap and you can sell your og 265 since its pretty much brand new .
Old 02-29-2012, 10:54 PM   #5
caffeine nicotine gasoline
livel0veryde is on a distinguished road

Name: josh Rockett
livel0veryde's Tacoma Gallery
id guess you'll be alright. i would think that the two powered wheels should have the same size tires, so if you get a flat in the back put one of your rears on there and the spare up front. i could be wrong bump this tomorrow im sure someone els will know better then i do.
Old 02-29-2012, 10:56 PM   #6
caffeine nicotine gasoline
livel0veryde is on a distinguished road

Name: josh Rockett
livel0veryde's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06tacotrd View Post
How about a used one. I got one for cheap and you can sell your og 265 since its pretty much brand new .
this
Old 02-29-2012, 10:59 PM   #7
valon5150 will become famous soon enough

Name: Steven
valon5150's Tacoma Gallery
Unless you do some real off roading you don't need a full size spare. It is only needed if you use your spare and need to use 4 wheel to get out of where you are.

Otherwise just throw your small spare on the front if you get a flat and you are fine, won't fuck up anything

Edit: You have a pre runner...spare tire size doesn't matter worth a shit. all that matters is that you keep the rears the same size. Hell you could have some fun and throw 35's on the rear and 30's in front and it wont make a difference
Old 02-29-2012, 11:04 PM   #8

good idea, ill sell my currents and buy a used 285
Old 03-01-2012, 07:20 PM   #9
Sigi's Tacoma Gallery
Do you ever come down to sfv?? I know a guy who can prob
Hook you up with a cheap spare .
Old 03-01-2012, 09:22 PM   #11
Sigi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
wut is sfv? haha
San Fernando valley. Lol
Old 03-01-2012, 09:25 PM   #12
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
i used my stock wheels/tires as a spare to get my home after i blew my wheels out.
didn't have an issue. just don't do it for a prolonged period lol. kind of sketch..
i run 35's btw.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:26 PM   #13
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
good idea, ill sell my currents and buy a used 285
Old 03-01-2012, 10:11 PM   #14

ya dezertrangers has alot of spares, not too many on here, just have to keep a eye out
Old 03-01-2012, 10:34 PM   #15
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
it shouldn't be an issue if you swap it back asap. a spare should be used temporary, unless you can afford to have a full size spare.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:36 PM   #16
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I'm gonna buy a treadwright tire for a full size spare...half the cost of a new one...and its only a spare ya know? It'll serve its purpose and ya can't beat the price.

https://www.treadwright.com/
Old 03-01-2012, 10:43 PM   #17
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
I'm gonna buy a treadwright tire for a full size spare...half the cost of a new one...and its only a spare ya know? It'll serve its purpose and ya can't beat the price.

https://www.treadwright.com/
that's a great idea!
Old 03-01-2012, 10:57 PM   #18
I have a problem for your solution…
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
Just FYI, a 285 spare probably wont fit in the stock location.
But for a spare a smaller tire is fine. Millions of cars/vans/trucks/etc on the road have small spares. Just don't run it long term. To get you to a shop it'd be fine.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:22 PM   #19
Sigi's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
Just FYI, a 285 spare probably wont fit in the stock location.
But for a spare a smaller tire is fine. Millions of cars/vans/trucks/etc on the road have small spares. Just don't run it long term. To get you to a shop it'd be fine.

I fit a full 285/75/16 on my spare
Old 03-01-2012, 11:25 PM   #20
I have a problem for your solution…
Snowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSnowman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig
Snowman's Tacoma Gallery
Ahh 2nd gen fits? Doesn't on a 1st.