1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Good bye Rugged Trails hello Rugged Terrains

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by jinxed77, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Mar 3, 2012 at 12:59 PM
    jinxed77

jinxed77 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 4.0L TRD SR5 4x4
    I finally wore out my OE BFG Rugged Trails. They made it to 58,000+ miles. They were not to the tread wear indicators but getting pretty close. I think i could have squeezed 60,000 to 65,000 out of them but i didn't want to push my luck too much. I hope i get the same milage out of my new tires.

I didn't have any problems out of the Rugged Trails at all. I think they were a great tire over all. Great grip in wet and dry weather,good braking, almost no noise till about 55,000, and i even got to try them out in the rare TN snow when we got 9" of snow last winter. No experience off road with them so i can't tell anything about them off road. Keep in mind they are not a very aggressive off road tire. They are a street tire,i don't even think they are considered a All Terrain tire. I have no complaints about the BFG Rugged Trails love them.

I replaced them with a set of new BFG Rugged Terrains a couple days ago. I haven't had them long enough to review them yet, but i can tell you that they are a tad louder. I will post later when i've driven them for awhile.

The only reason i went with the Rugged Terrains over the Rugged Trails is because my tire guy told me the Terrains have a 50,000 mile warranty and the Trails do not. They are slightly more aggressive too. They price difference in the two was $805.00 for the Rugged Trails and the Rugged Terrains were $815.00.

I was in state of shock for about two weeks when i got prices when it was time to buy. I had priced tires back in Sept Oct 2011 and the Trails were $680.00 and the Jumped to $805.00 in a few months time. I had to just buy before they went up any more.

Anyone have any experience with either of these tires off road?

Pictures coming soon.

2. Mar 3, 2012 at 2:02 PM
    VolFan57

VolFan57 Well-Known Member

Member:
    TENNESSEE
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD OR 4x4 - MGM - traded. 2018 TRD Sport BRM 6MT
    I'd be interested in seeing some pics. I think i've narrowed it down to this tire or a Michelin LTX AT2.

3. Mar 3, 2012 at 6:50 PM
    jinxed77

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 4.0L TRD SR5 4x4
    I was gone all evening so im just now getting photos up.

Here's the BFG Rugged Terrains 265/70/16
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's the old BFG Rugged Trails.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Mar 3, 2012 at 7:09 PM
    BAMFTACO

BAMFTACO Another day another beer

Member:
    First Name:
    Juan
    Woodlandland hills , CA
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma AC Prerunner
    Kings bruh
    I like the new design of these tires they look good

5. Mar 5, 2012 at 8:19 AM
    jinxed77

Member:
    Vehicle:
    06 4.0L TRD SR5 4x4
    They do look good but i doubt either would do very well off road. The tread design looks like they might pack easy,who knows. I haven't seen any reviews at all. I'd like to take through some fire trails one day just to try them out.

Products Discussed in

To Top