Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Mickey Thompson Classic II and lug nut question

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-03-2012, 05:18 PM   #1
6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed6spdtaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nate
6spdtaco's Tacoma Gallery
Mickey Thompson Classic II and lug nut question

Will the stock lug nuts that came with my TRD alloy wheels work with the Mickey Thompson Classic II wheels? If not, what nuts should be used?
Old 03-04-2012, 11:36 AM   #3
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
most aftermarket wheels use 60* cone/tapered lugs. my recommendation is to buy a set of spline lug nuts. they provide the most clearance around the lug area.
Old 03-04-2012, 02:08 PM   #4
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
I'd advise against that, seen too many of those shitty splines break. Gorilla E/T acron lugnuts FTW
i personally use spline lugs and i've had no issues whatsoever with them. within the last 6 months i've taken my wheels on and off about 10 times. there's no signs of wear or cracking. they're hand torqued every time.

if you trust gorilla acorn lugs, i see no reason why you wouldn't gorilla spline lugs. they produce quality products. stay away from the cheap crap and there shouldn't be any issue.
Old 03-05-2012, 06:58 PM   #5
DFB is on a distinguished road
DFB's Tacoma Gallery
Does anyone know of another source for the gorilla lug nuts besides wheelers? I placed an order with them today and they are backordered for the next 1-2 weeks.