Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

18x9 ballistic wheels

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-03-2012, 08:45 PM   #1
altitan is on a distinguished road
altitan's Tacoma Gallery
18x9 ballistic wheels

Ok guys I've searched and searched but couldn't find exactly what I'm looking for... A buddy of mine just sold his Titan and made me a killer deal on a set of nearly new wheels and tires...but I'm not sure if they will fit my taco.... I'm ordering a three inch lift in the next few days.....

The wheels are ballistic enigmas 18x9 according to the website + 12 offset. Tires are nitto Terra's 325/60r18, I'm fairly confident I can clear the fenders with some trimming and cab mount chop, my biggest concern is whether or not the wide tires will hit the uca...

Truck is an 06 reg cab pre runner, my buddy lives out of state so it will be about a month before I get the wheels and tires....

What do you guys think, I'm buying them either way but would really like to run them on the taco as I just put new tires on my Titan
Old 03-04-2012, 08:00 AM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Absolutely no way you could fit those. Even if the wheels were i ideally backspaced, which they are not, the tires are too wide.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:20 AM   #3
altitan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KPT View Post
Absolutely no way you could fit those. Even if the wheels were i ideally backspaced, which they are not, the tires are too wide.
Well that's not the answer I was hoping for, but it is the one I expected.
You think they will hit the uca? I've seen two trucks on here running those tires on 3" lift, but looks like their wheels have better offset than mine
Old 03-04-2012, 08:24 AM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by altitan View Post
Well that's not the answer I was hoping for, but it is the one I expected.
You think they will hit the uca? I've seen two trucks on here running those tires on 3" lift, but looks like their wheels have better offset than mine
They will rub the uca badly. And I've never seen anyone on here fit 325s on a 3" lift. Even 285s require cutting and sometimes a cab mount chop.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:32 AM   #5
altitan's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...questions.html

There's one more but I couldn't find it, but like I said his wheel offset looks better than mine.

Maybe I need to look at spindles and some spidertrax
Old 03-04-2012, 08:34 AM   #6
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by altitan View Post
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...questions.html

There's one more but I couldn't find it, but like I said his wheel offset looks better than mine.
I think we have different definitions of "fitting"
Old 03-04-2012, 08:38 AM   #7
altitan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Lol yea probably so, it's one of those deals that was so good I had to take it, and def would run smaller tires when these wear out, oh well I'm going to give it a shot, worse comes to worse ill sell them or run them on my Titan
Old 03-04-2012, 08:42 AM   #8
altitan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thanks for taking a look
Old 03-19-2012, 10:19 AM   #9
altitan's Tacoma Gallery
Well im starting to think they will fit, i got my lift on two weeks ago. i got out yesterday and pulled two of my 33x12.50 mud grapplers off my other truck and put them on the Taco, and believe it or not they did not rub. I tried everything i could think of and still no rubbing... looked good too

url=http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/233409/cat/500][/url]