Need info on tire size

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-04-2012, 04:02 PM   #1
HairyAmerican is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Air Transportation
Name: Jason
HairyAmerican's Tacoma Gallery
Need info on tire size

i am looking at getting the ballistic wizard(black and Chrome) 18 x 9 wheels, with the Nitto Trail Grappler. i have a 3" lift on my 2012 toyota tacoma 4x4. i am just looking for the biggest i can go with out rubbing. i would like to have 33's but dont know what sizes and what will fit.

Old 03-04-2012, 04:45 PM   #2
Zombicidal is on a distinguished road
Zombicidal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyAmerican View Post
i am looking at getting the ballistic wizard(black and Chrome) 18 x 9 wheels, with the Nitto Trail Grappler. i have a 3" lift on my 2012 toyota tacoma 4x4. i am just looking for the biggest i can go with out rubbing. i would like to have 33's but dont know what sizes and what will fit.

Ditto. (I have a 2010 with 3 inch lift. I am looking at ATX Mojave Teflon wheels and 33 Nitto Trail Grapplers.)
Old 03-04-2012, 05:20 PM   #3

any info appreciated
Old 03-04-2012, 05:28 PM   #4
TAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
TAOScott's Tacoma Gallery
This is a general suggestion according to some of the info I have, by no means the gospel on fitment.

Narrow 33" on 8" wheel width, 4.5-5" BS is recommended. That makes out to be a 285/65/18, Nitto #205-740.

Give me a shout and I can quote you a pkg. on both trucks if you'd like
Old 03-04-2012, 05:30 PM   #5
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
285/65-18

The next size up available for the Nitto Trail Grappler is a 295/70-18 (34")
Old 03-04-2012, 06:03 PM   #6
TAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shedTAOScott is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombicidal View Post
Ditto. (I have a 2010 with 3 inch lift. I am looking at ATX Mojave Teflon wheels and 33 Nitto Trail Grapplers.)
Those Mojaves are 18x9.5 -24mm offset. Also getting a little scarce, possibly discontinuing.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:30 PM   #7

i dont think 34" will fit with my 3" lift. is it a wide tire. is the 285/65-18 a 33" tire and how wide in inches. i am new to tire sizes so is the trail grappler a good tire, and will it last.

thanks for any help
Old 03-04-2012, 08:40 PM   #8
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
28525.4=11.22 inches wide
11.22.65=7.29 inch sidewall
7.292 sides = 14.59
14.59 in sides + 18inch wheel = 32.59 total height

Size will vary slightly depending on brand
Old 03-05-2012, 04:41 AM   #9
Zombicidal is on a distinguished road
Zombicidal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzardsGottaEat View Post
28525.4=11.22 inches wide
11.22.65=7.29 inch sidewall
7.292 sides = 14.59
14.59 in sides + 18inch wheel = 32.59 total height

Size will vary slightly depending on brand
Forgive my ignorance. Is the 25.4 denominator standard or will it vary?

Hairy American, sorry for piggy backing on your thread.
Old 03-05-2012, 04:45 AM   #10
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombicidal View Post
Forgive my ignorance. Is the 25.4 denominator standard or will it vary?

Hairy American, sorry for piggy backing on your thread.
standard...it's for the mm to inch conversion.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:32 AM   #11

no problem about piggy backing. lol. i have read reviews on truckaddons.com and they are not good at all to say the least. can you shed some light on that scott? i just dont want to run into some of the stuff i read about. on a good note i have heard that yall have been doing better.

Jason
Old 03-05-2012, 09:52 AM   #12

Quote:
no problem about piggy backing. lol. i have read reviews on truckaddons.com and they are not good at all to say the least. can you shed some light on that scott? i just dont want to run into some of the stuff i read about. on a good note i have heard that yall have been doing better.

Jason
Please share where you are reading this, I'd be interested to see it. Kind of a very broad, general statement that doesn't help correct anything.

Funny that our customer gets the opportunity to throw us under the bus, yet we aren't given a chance to defend ourselves toward what they post until sometimes months after. Last night, a Sunday at 7:45pm, I get called a "f!@$# idiot" because I couldn't help a customer fix a tuner he bought used on Craigslist that he was obviously scammed on. Yet he will post up somewhere how horrible our service is, completely leaving out any and all details about the true situation.

We aren't always the hero, sometimes we do have to disappoint people, but there is never both sides of the story when these threads are put out there.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:02 AM   #13

i am just asking, not trying to do any blaming or blast the company . just want to know. i read reviews on http://www.resellerratings.com/store..._Trail_Blazers. just reading reviews.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:04 AM   #14

i am still interested in that quote. i sent my information to you via e-mail
Old 03-05-2012, 10:08 AM   #15

Very True!!!

We aren't always the hero, sometimes we do have to disappoint people, but there is never both sides of the story when these threads are put out there.[/QUOTE]
Old 03-05-2012, 04:39 PM   #16

Quote:
Very True!!!

We aren't always the hero, sometimes we do have to disappoint people, but there is never both sides of the story when these threads are put out there.
[/QUOTE]

No worries at all. Boss just wants us to stay on top of these sites.