Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Reasonably priced ($200) A/T tire in Canada?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-04-2012, 05:36 PM   #1
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Reasonably priced ($200) A/T tire in Canada?

I would like to buy a set of new A/T tires for summer, I currently have a set of Bridgestone Blizzaks on. I'm having difficult time finding something decent I like in my budget. I would like to stay around $800-$850CAD OTD, $900 tops. I'm looking for stock tire size only, 265/70/16.

Some tires I considered were Duratracs, but they are pricy and only come in 265/75/16. BFG A/T KOs cheapest quote was $250. Cooper Discoverer AT3 again around $250.

The closest match would be Good Year Wrangler Territorry @ Canadian Tire. They are usually around $200 or even a bit less, but they unfortunately only come in 265/75/16.

I'm looking for other decent A/T tires suggestions that would be in my budget. I looked at the GY Silent Armors, but they dont look very aggressive and have mixed reviews.

I will be mounting these on American Racing Mojave Teflon 16" wheels on stock suspension.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:17 PM   #2
rhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedrhowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Robert
rhowell's Tacoma Gallery
Hankook dynapro Rf10. Great tire and if you shop around you should be able to get them for about 900.00 installed & taxes.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:19 PM   #3
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Dude , go up to 265/75/16

It looks a million times better and creates no issues
Old 03-05-2012, 07:15 AM   #4
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhowell View Post
Hankook dynapro Rf10. Great tire and if you shop around you should be able to get them for about 900.00 installed & taxes.
Nice, I will check those out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Dude , go up to 265/75/16

It looks a million times better and creates no issues
I bought used 16" American Racing rims with Yokohama Geolandar AT/S 265/75/16 tires mounted on them a while back. In the next month or so I will be putting them on for summer. However I have second thoughts about running one size bigger tires as it will impact my mileage some and even though 95% it won't rub, it still might. I put them on kijiji and got some offers. If I can get decent cash for them I can justify replacing them for 265/70/16's. If I cant get decent $ for them, I will just run those Yokohamas. That is why I'm looking for decent priced A/T tire. Also I cant justify spending $ for any sort of lift right now plus I'm worried about vibes etc associated with them. Since I'm not mechanically inclined, it is not an option for me right now, maybe down the road.

x1 that size looks better.

Also found General Tire Grabber AT2 for around $210. Any thoughts?