Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

BFG MT KM vs KM2

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-11-2008, 08:30 AM   #1
asdf is on a distinguished road
asdf's Tacoma Gallery
BFG MT KM vs KM2

anyone have any pros and cons of either... trying to decide which one i should look into.
-i do some mild offroading but still need a decent daily driving tire
Old 12-11-2008, 11:41 AM   #3
dabighi has a little shameless behaviour in the past
dabighi's Tacoma Gallery
Ya just know that the bfg's KM model is pretty much being phased out and soon you will only be able to find the KM2's. So just like longhorn said youll have alot of trouble trying to find a replacement tire if you go with the KM's.

Oh and just like longhorn says about the noise. I read in 4x4 mag that the new KM2's are siped in a manner which greatly reduces the on highway noise.
Old 12-11-2008, 04:05 PM   #4
Pat will become famous soon enough

Pat's Tacoma Gallery
Don't get the KM's. Get the KM2's.

Unfortunately someone either put a hole or somehow the side wall on my BFG KM had a defect in it. I just need one but I can't find it anywhere. Even the guys at Discount Tire Co. a couple other smaller local shops can't find just one. Now I think I have to get all new tires and these tires only have like 5000 miles on them!
Old 12-11-2008, 04:52 PM   #5
Piss off
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat View Post
Don't get the KM's. Get the KM2's.

Unfortunately someone either put a hole or somehow the side wall on my BFG KM had a defect in it. I just need one but I can't find it anywhere. Even the guys at Discount Tire Co. a couple other smaller local shops can't find just one. Now I think I have to get all new tires and these tires only have like 5000 miles on them!
there was a deal on tire rack the other week for a 255/75/17 KM. might wanna check for whatever ur size is
Old 12-11-2008, 05:07 PM   #7
Piss off
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornTaco View Post
That is true... You'll get a better deal on the KMs...
yeah...at one point the 255/75/17's were $59 a piece + shipping. i've had the KM's on mine for almost a year and just got one of those on sale to put on my spare.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:12 PM   #8
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
my dad runs the km's on his hunting truck/ run around truck hes on his second set now. he said he get roughly around 20-25000 miles out of a set of those.

personally i like the km2 a lot better. seems like to dont really get as much road noise and better traction.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:15 PM   #9
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
you might wanna look into the firestone destination M/T. silverback is running those and he says they're good for about 40000 miles or so.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:33 PM   #10
Piss off

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtragweed View Post
my dad runs the km's on his hunting truck/ run around truck hes on his second set now. he said he get roughly around 20-25000 miles out of a set of those.

personally i like the km2 a lot better. seems like to dont really get as much road noise and better traction.
i've gotten 18k miles off mine now and they're barely worn in, besides when i forgot to rotate them one time and they wore more on the fronts at the time. i fully expect to be able to get well over 40k on these
Old 12-11-2008, 05:48 PM   #11
Beef Slut

Firefighter:
hes also running a 1 ton ford for his hunting truck, said that..surely the wears gonna be a lil different
Old 12-11-2008, 05:51 PM   #12
Piss off

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtragweed View Post
hes also running a 1 ton ford for his hunting truck, said that..surely the wears gonna be a lil different
true...which would have made that a good piece of info to have in the beginning. people on tirerack testimonials are claiming some to last over 100k miles. i wont see that w/ getting chunked and gouged on trails, but i'll definately see more then 40k
Old 12-11-2008, 05:54 PM   #13
Beef Slut

Firefighter:
sorry i forgot to put that from the start. theres no way people are getting 100,000 miles out of mud tire, as soft as the rubber is on mud tires it would be worn down to the belts at 100,000 miles
Old 12-11-2008, 06:00 PM   #14
asdf is on a distinguished road
asdf's Tacoma Gallery
yall were right. i called the local tire shop today and KMs have been or are next to bein decomisioned. 255/85/16 KM2's it is.
but dang... a 265/75 for $59!
Old 12-11-2008, 06:33 PM   #15
Pat will become famous soon enough

Pat's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
there was a deal on tire rack the other week for a 255/75/17 KM. might wanna check for whatever ur size is
Dangit..... Im running 285/70/17.... I can't find them anywhere.

Does anyone know any other place where I can buy them?

Sorry for hijacking your thread