Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

POWDER-COATED WHEEL PICS

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-05-2012, 06:12 PM   #1
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
POWDER-COATED WHEEL PICS

Just like the thread title suggests, post up pics of powder coated wheels. I'm tired of my blingy DC2 and considering changing the color.
I'm really interested to see examples on SSM Tacos. My initial thoughts were to go anthracite (ish), but then I'm thinking maybe the contrast of blacked out would look better. So possibly a darker charcoal finish. Lets see your pics and hear yalls thoughts on this.
My inspiration was JasonJump's pics, totally sick!
Old 03-05-2012, 07:10 PM   #2
Jones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jones's Tacoma Gallery
I think graphite might be the next dark color from anthracite.

Here is mine stock wheels in anthracite.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:26 PM   #3
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks Jones, just what I was looking for. Looks great, may have to copy-cat. Did you have them cleared as well?
Old 03-05-2012, 07:34 PM   #4
Jones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jones's Tacoma Gallery
They are cleared at well. The guy powdercoating them said it was best to do that since there were black specs in the powder.
Old 03-05-2012, 07:48 PM   #5

Airun's Tacoma Gallery
so did the pc guy clearcoat them, or did you?
Old 03-05-2012, 08:04 PM   #6

Jones's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airun View Post
so did the pc guy clearcoat them, or did you?
They did it, with clear powdercoat.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:21 AM   #7

Airun's Tacoma Gallery
No shit! I didn't know clear pc was possible. Then again, I don't really know much of anything about PCing which is part of the reason I started this thread..........
Old 03-06-2012, 01:01 PM   #8
Swollen Member
Squid is a splendid one to beholdSquid is a splendid one to beholdSquid is a splendid one to beholdSquid is a splendid one to beholdSquid is a splendid one to beholdSquid is a splendid one to behold
Name: Dave
Squid's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jones View Post
They did it, with clear powdercoat.
What was total cost, if you don't mind me asking?
Old 03-07-2012, 07:01 AM   #9
Woods & Water Edition
REDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedREDTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
REDTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Jones that looks damn good man!
Old 03-07-2012, 08:55 AM   #10

Jones's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squid View Post
What was total cost, if you don't mind me asking?
Somewhere around $220 for all 4 wheels. This was just the sandblasting and powdercoating, not tire dismounting or mounting afterwards.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:34 PM   #11
cobia23 will become famous soon enoughcobia23 will become famous soon enough
cobia23's Tacoma Gallery
I had these wheels done in graphite, a little darker than anthricite. These are not clear coated, its almost like a satin finish, which is what I was hoping for. The wheels are from an older 4Runner

Old 03-07-2012, 06:36 PM   #12
I feel so Devo
tinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shedtinker_troy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tinker_troy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobia23 View Post
I had these wheels done in graphite, a little darker than anthricite. These are not clear coated, its almost like a satin finish, which is what I was hoping for. The wheels are from an older 4Runner

NICE!

and
Old 03-16-2012, 05:40 PM   #13

Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Oh Hell yeah, love the graphite! Thanks for posting Cobia
Old 03-17-2012, 08:17 AM   #14
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Before:

During:

After:
?????????

They are still in the shop. I'll post up when done.
Old 03-17-2012, 04:52 PM   #15
danjones is on a distinguished road

Marines: cpl wpns co.
danjones's Tacoma Gallery
damn man i wish i had a picture but i had a set of purple powder couted 15x12 with ground hawgs on an 04. it looked sick believe it or not.
Old 03-17-2012, 05:00 PM   #16
My name is Mudd
mcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant futuremcdowell has a brilliant future

Name: mike
mcdowell's Tacoma Gallery
Looks

Quote:

These look great. I would have to take 3 vacation days to get this done.
Old 03-17-2012, 05:05 PM   #17
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

hey that looks pretty dam good
Old 03-17-2012, 08:26 PM   #18

Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for keeping this going guys. What finish are u going with Cody? Those are great looking wheels and be sure to post up finished pics.
Old 03-18-2012, 08:19 AM   #19
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
When done in hoping they match the FJ TT wheels close enough. Center caps on order, the suspense is killing me.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:31 AM   #20

Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Gonna be sick!