Notices

TPMS HELP!!

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-06-2012, 04:19 PM   #1
Gabe911 has a spectacular aura aboutGabe911 has a spectacular aura about
Firefighter:
Gabe911's Tacoma Gallery
TPMS HELP!!

Got my wheels and tires from discount tire with aftermarket TPMS's and can not find anyone who can sync them up. I've been to toyota, tires plus, tire kingdom...the best was tire kingdom they at least registered on the machine after dropping them to 10 psi..guy said they were in sleep mode but still could not get light to come off. I was told by discount tire they should work ...they are programmable...ok then why can't anyone program!! I was told by them to go some where with the right equipment "tech 400"....either way discount is doing their best to fix this but anyone on here deal with this??
Old 03-06-2012, 04:27 PM   #2
Tbones taco is on a distinguished road
Name: Tony
Tbones taco's Tacoma Gallery
If they were doing there best then these should be replaced. I just had them put new wheels on my 2007 and they work great. It sounds like a bad set. or at least one is bad. i watched the tech install and he had to tweek them a little but the TPMS are working. Go back and ask them to replace them. I'm sure they will. Good Luck.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:28 PM   #3
41 Year Toyota/Chrysler Tech/ASE Master
Tacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoma Mike is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Tacoma Mike's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe911 View Post
Got my wheels and tires from discount tire with aftermarket TPMS's and can not find anyone who can sync them up. I've been to toyota, tires plus, tire kingdom...the best was tire kingdom they at least registered on the machine after dropping them to 10 psi..guy said they were in sleep mode but still could not get light to come off. I was told by discount tire they should work ...they are programmable...ok then why can't anyone program!! I was told by them to go some where with the right equipment "tech 400"....either way discount is doing their best to fix this but anyone on here deal with this??
We had the same situation with "Aftermarket" Sensors. Tried 3 different sets on 3 different Toyota vehicles. Nope. wouldn't work. Won't try them ever again.
Can't help ya............. sorry........
Old 03-06-2012, 04:44 PM   #4
Firefighter:
Gabe911's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah I walked into another place and he wouldnt even attempt to sync them..said tacoma's are notorious for not working...its best to keep your stock factory ones....but I sold my complete wheel and tire set....I have to go to a shop 2moro that discount tire said would be able to hook them up...if not toyota wants 650.00 for new ones which includes install....what a long day trying to get that light out....lesson so far keep factory tpms...I should add I dont have a local discountiredirect near by otherwise this would be a easy fix
Old 03-07-2012, 09:05 AM   #5
Firefighter:
Gabe911's Tacoma Gallery
Update TPMS problem

Well just to update my situation with new tpms sensors...Discount tire sent me to a local goodyear tire outlet which had the tech 400 equipment...which they only had for 2weeks...crazy I know...they ended up calling the manufacture and the whole problem ended up being that : two wheels were scanned with the same ID # and every time somebody tried to sync it to my computer it would either show no ID or duplicate....well they had to reset every sensor and re program each sensor with the correct numbers...it's fixed but what a headache...human error can be a pain. 4 words KEEP YOUR STOCK TPMS
Old 03-07-2012, 09:16 AM   #6
GAmtber23 is a splendid one to beholdGAmtber23 is a splendid one to beholdGAmtber23 is a splendid one to beholdGAmtber23 is a splendid one to beholdGAmtber23 is a splendid one to beholdGAmtber23 is a splendid one to beholdGAmtber23 is a splendid one to behold
GAmtber23's Tacoma Gallery
Glad to hear they got to the bottom of it tho. Funny though we've had a tech 400 at our shop for several years.. and I work at a glorified grocery store! Weird discount tire didn't.. I think the real lesson is to not go there
Old 03-07-2012, 12:38 PM   #7
Firefighter:
Gabe911's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAmntber21 View Post
Glad to hear they got to the bottom of it tho. Funny though we've had a tech 400 at our shop for several years.. and I work at a glorified grocery store! Weird discount tire didn't.. I think the real lesson is to not go there
I am sure Discount tire had one but there is not a local discount tire direct or americas tire around for several hundred miles. The problem was finding a local shop that had one ...and knew how to use it. All in all discount refunded me the 50 dollars I was charged to have them programmed and additional 50 for my troubles...Discount tire in my book is awesome.