1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TPMS HELP!!

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Gabe911, Mar 6, 2012.

1. Mar 6, 2012 at 4:19 PM
    Gabe911

Gabe911 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    FLORIDA
    Vehicle:
    10 PreRunner MGM
    Debadged, Rear TSB, Blue LED dome and Bright White Map Lights, Hard Top Tonneau Cover, OME885 coils (no top plate spacers)OME shocks and struts, 1.5" AAL for TSB Rear,285/70/17 Trail Grapplers, 17x9 XD Addicts with 4.5 bs, Black 4" exhaust tip, Bed pocket lights, rear diff breather Mod
    Got my wheels and tires from discount tire with aftermarket TPMS's and can not find anyone who can sync them up. I've been to toyota, tires plus, tire kingdom...the best was tire kingdom they at least registered on the machine after dropping them to 10 psi..guy said they were in sleep mode but still could not get light to come off:mad:. I was told by discount tire they should work ...they are programmable...ok then why can't anyone program!! I was told by them to go some where with the right equipment "tech 400"....either way discount is doing their best to fix this but anyone on here deal with this??:confused:

2. Mar 6, 2012 at 4:27 PM
    Tbones taco

Tbones taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Carrollton
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner ext cab
    Flowmaster 40 smittybuilt bull bar smittybuilt nerf bars hella lights crome custome grill
    If they were doing there best then these should be replaced. I just had them put new wheels on my 2007 and they work great. It sounds like a bad set. or at least one is bad. i watched the tech install and he had to tweek them a little but the TPMS are working. Go back and ask them to replace them. I'm sure they will. Good Luck.

3. Mar 6, 2012 at 4:28 PM
    Tacoma Mike

Tacoma Mike 48 Year Chrysler/Toyota/ASE/ Master Tech.RETIRED

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Southern Maine
    Vehicle:
    2011 Double Cab V6 1995 Bass Tracker
    Large Storage Box, 02610 intermittent switch swap, "Hot Wire" Power Outlets, DRL Shut Off, Disable Fob Beep, Disable Seat Belt Buzzers, Parking Light Mod, Battery Tender, 4 Leaf Spring Pack, Rear Headrest Removal, Factory Tow Package (7 Pin) Rear Diff Mod, Taco Lean Mod, 2WD Low ECU.
    We had the same situation with "Aftermarket" Sensors. Tried 3 different sets on 3 different Toyota vehicles. Nope. wouldn't work. Won't try them ever again.
    Can't help ya............. sorry........

4. Mar 6, 2012 at 4:44 PM
    Gabe911

Member:
    FLORIDA
    Vehicle:
    10 PreRunner MGM
    Debadged, Rear TSB, Blue LED dome and Bright White Map Lights, Hard Top Tonneau Cover, OME885 coils (no top plate spacers)OME shocks and struts, 1.5" AAL for TSB Rear,285/70/17 Trail Grapplers, 17x9 XD Addicts with 4.5 bs, Black 4" exhaust tip, Bed pocket lights, rear diff breather Mod
    Yeah I walked into another place and he wouldnt even attempt to sync them..said tacoma's are notorious for not working...its best to keep your stock factory ones....but I sold my complete wheel and tire set....I have to go to a shop 2moro that discount tire said would be able to hook them up...if not toyota wants 650.00 for new ones which includes install....what a long day trying to get that light out....lesson so far keep factory tpms...I should add I dont have a local discountiredirect near by otherwise this would be a easy fix

5. Mar 7, 2012 at 9:05 AM
    Gabe911

Member:
    FLORIDA
    Vehicle:
    10 PreRunner MGM
    Well just to update my situation with new tpms sensors...Discount tire sent me to a local goodyear tire outlet which had the tech 400 equipment...which they only had for 2weeks...crazy I know...they ended up calling the manufacture and the whole problem ended up being that : two wheels were scanned with the same ID # and every time somebody tried to sync it to my computer it would either show no ID or duplicate....well they had to reset every sensor and re program each sensor with the correct numbers...it's fixed but what a headache...human error can be a pain. 4 words KEEP YOUR STOCK TPMS

6. Mar 7, 2012 at 9:16 AM
    GAmtber23

GAmtber23 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Georgia
    Vehicle:
    '10 Tacoma Access cab 4x4
    Window tint, debadged, fog-lite anytime mod, aftermarket taillights, low profile toolbox modded with three mountain bike mounts, JVC dvd headunit, Kicker hideaway, Fox 2.5" IFP with DSM UCA's, Allpro standard (soon to be expedition) leaf pack, 255/85r16 BFG KM2's, 1.25" spidertrax wheel spacers, powdercoated gloss black TRD offroad rims with color matched center caps.
    Glad to hear they got to the bottom of it tho. Funny though we've had a tech 400 at our shop for several years.. and I work at a glorified grocery store! Weird discount tire didn't.. I think the real lesson is to not go there :laugh:

7. Mar 7, 2012 at 12:38 PM
    Gabe911

Member:
    FLORIDA
    Vehicle:
    10 PreRunner MGM
    I am sure Discount tire had one but there is not a local discount tire direct or americas tire around for several hundred miles. The problem was finding a local shop that had one ...and knew how to use it. All in all discount refunded me the 50 dollars I was charged to have them programmed and additional 50 for my troubles...Discount tire in my book is awesome.

Products Discussed in

To Top