Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Trying to find some black rims, help me!

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-06-2012, 09:42 PM   #1
ChrisShanny is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
ChrisShanny's Tacoma Gallery
Trying to find some black rims, help me!

I just bought a 2008 tacoma, Silver. and i want to make it look good, I have a goal of tinting the windows, getting a 3 inch lift, finding some decent sized, and priced rims. keep in mind that i dont have thousands of dollars to spend on rims and tires, 1000-1200 is my budget.

any pics posted on here would be appreciated
Old 03-07-2012, 07:23 AM   #2
Yamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shedYamaha Dave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yamaha Dave's Tacoma Gallery
Just look in any one of the 191 pages here in the Wheel section and you'll find literally THOUSANDS of pics of black wheels.
Old 03-07-2012, 07:25 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW! The most cost effective route would be to paint or powdercoat your stock wheels.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:03 AM   #4
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Pro comp 7089 - $123 ea @ 4wp

Cooper discovery at3 285s, $176 ea @ tirecrawler
Old 03-07-2012, 09:15 AM   #5
TRDyota09 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jabin
TRDyota09's Tacoma Gallery
I'm just waiting for the "black wheels are played out" troll..... I painted mine, and love the look, and had around $25 and a few hours of my time invested
Old 03-07-2012, 01:21 PM   #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Welcome to TW! The most cost effective route would be to paint or powdercoat your stock wheels.
do any of you have pictures of the stock wheels painted on a silver tacoma?
Old 03-07-2012, 01:21 PM   #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Pro comp 7089 - $123 ea @ 4wp

Cooper discovery at3 285s, $176 ea @ tirecrawler
alright ill look into them, thanks for the insight!
Old 03-07-2012, 01:22 PM   #8
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
Black wheels are totally played out. I just do it to be Ironic...
Old 03-07-2012, 01:34 PM   #9
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisShanny View Post
do any of you have pictures of the stock wheels painted on a silver tacoma?
No but if you search there the wheels and tires section of this forum, you'll find TONS. It is not an uncommon combination.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:37 PM   #10
Busting Asphalt
Conviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: J
Conviction11's Tacoma Gallery
I really wanted black rims too... If I had a silver truck, that's exactly what I would have got. Get a set of 17" Moto Metals and 285/70/17 Nitto tires with a 3" lift.
Sounds like you are starting in the same situation I started in. I got my pro comp 3" lift last year, and I'm just now about to purchase rims and tires this year.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:38 PM   #11
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
I bought the TX Pro edition, so all i had to get powdercoated were the chrome rings on the TRD "Beadlock" rims...
Old 03-07-2012, 01:45 PM   #12
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Socalduckslayer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolcomTacoma2011 View Post
I bought the TX Pro edition, so all i had to get powdercoated were the chrome rings on the TRD "Beadlock" rims...
Pic please
Old 03-07-2012, 01:48 PM   #14
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

After, wanna see how the black rings look.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:57 PM   #15
Damnit, It won't let me upload...
Old 03-07-2012, 01:58 PM   #16
There ya go, just made it my Sig for a bit
Old 03-07-2012, 02:01 PM   #17
Pelfreybilt Off-Road

Quote:
There ya go, just made it my Sig for a bit

Thanks brother, looks good. My only concern is rock rash. Mine are the factory aluminum color and the rock rash blends in pretty good. Might just make a few sets on the Waterjet.

Hope this helped the OP with idea too, sorry to threadjack if not
Old 03-07-2012, 02:05 PM   #18
Yea, I already gacked the **** out of one of them, but that was taking a turn to sharp and rebounding the back end off a deep curb lol.

Crappy thing is, I checked the dealer...80 F***ING dollars JUST for that chrome ring.

I said, Go F yourself, I'll have a fab guy make me one for cheaper than that lol
Old 03-07-2012, 02:09 PM   #19
Pelfreybilt Off-Road

Quote:
Yea, I already gacked the **** out of one of them, but that was taking a turn to sharp and rebounding the back end off a deep curb lol.

Crappy thing is, I checked the dealer...80 F***ING dollars JUST for that chrome ring.

I said, Go F yourself, I'll have a fab guy make me one for cheaper than that lol
Let me know, I'll do em for ya. Piece of cake.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:15 PM   #20
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conviction11 View Post
I really wanted black rims too... If I had a silver truck, that's exactly what I would have got. Get a set of 17" Moto Metals and 285/70/17 Nitto tires with a 3" lift.
Sounds like you are starting in the same situation I started in. I got my pro comp 3" lift last year, and I'm just now about to purchase rims and tires this year.
Here's my 16x8 Moto Metal 951 non lifted. You can get these on Amazon for about $120 each. Not sure about the pricing on 17's or bigger though. But If you're on a budget, 16's might be your best bet.