Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Tread life on 255/85/16

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-08-2012, 02:25 PM   #1
Pabst Blue Ribbon on ice
BAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedBAMFTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Edward
BAMFTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Tread life on 255/85/16

Basically what the title says how many miles can you get out of 255/85/16 km2 or if another brand but same size.
thanks for any response.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:46 PM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Tread life largely depends on how you drive. Mud tires have very deep tread on them and typically last quite a while on the road if you run them until they're bald. The problem is, they'll be useless as mud tires for the last 20-30k miles of their life.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:01 PM   #3
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: DDG 996
Name: Randy
4Wheelin4Banger's Tacoma Gallery
300 miles so far on my KM2s, but I expect a lot more.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:04 PM   #4
Mr. Boombastic
TacoIII will become famous soon enoughTacoIII will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Security forces
Name: Andrew
TacoIII's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Wheelin4Banger View Post
300 miles so far on my KM2s, but I expect a lot more.
I just got the km2's. How are you liking them?
Old 03-08-2012, 03:14 PM   #6
Longtime Toyman
4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed4Wheelin4Banger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

So far I love them. Great traction. Haven't taken them in the snow yet. I will be doing that this Sunday, going up into a mountain forest for some fun.
A bit large for my 4Banger as a full time tire without a regear, but I only use them for off road. I have a 280 mile/week commute and use the stock Dungflops for that. When they wear out I might get another set of better 245/75/16s or upsize to 265/75/16s for commuting.
This is around 3' deep on the deep side and with a slime covered bottom.

http://youtu.be/EUPOZD-lEnM

Had no problem with it.
Old 03-08-2012, 03:19 PM   #7
Mr. Boombastic
TacoIII will become famous soon enoughTacoIII will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Security forces
Name: Andrew
TacoIII's Tacoma Gallery
Having the v6 i think they might do some good for the mileage on the hwy. Around town it will probably lower it. Cant wait till I get home and put them on! Have you ran them at low psi?
Old 03-08-2012, 03:25 PM   #8
Longtime Toyman

Havent bothered to air them down yet. The first trip I took them on was supposed to be easy so I didn't. Turned out we took some more difficult trails than originaly planned since it was just 2 rigs and we wanted more fun, and they did just great @ 40psi just a little stiff. I'll be airing them down on the next trip.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:05 PM   #9
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post
Any one have expierence with the copper all terrain
I've got the Cooper AT3 if that's the one you're talking about. Mine are 265/70R17. I've had them since last summer and really like them so far.
Old 03-08-2012, 06:24 PM   #10
Mr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mr.Ed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlandtaco View Post
Any one have expierence with the copper all terrain
I have about 5K miles on 255/85/16's Cooper Discoverer ST's they look new. Deep tread I like them better than my 265/75/16 BFG TA's. They look a bit thin. Just a little road noise, also no vibes.
Attached Thumbnails
Tread life on 255/85/16-windows-live-photo-gallery-wallpaper.jpg  
Old 03-09-2012, 01:10 PM   #11
Longtime Toyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
Are you getting uneven wear @ 40psi? i swear mine started to when they were that high.
Dont see any wear @ 300 miles. What psi are you running them at?
Old 03-09-2012, 04:45 PM   #12
Longtime Toyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
25. I had them at 40 but I noticed the middle of the tires.injection mold knobs wore off before the out side ones. 25 seems good for winter driving. I may bump it up sooon.
Thanks I'll drop them down some and chalk test them.