Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

How to install spidertrax spacers

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-08-2012, 07:27 PM   #1
nammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nam
nammer's Tacoma Gallery
How to install spidertrax spacers

I was wondering how you guys are tightening your spacers up front, because the hub keeps spinning? does someone need to apply the brakes on the car?
Old 03-08-2012, 08:01 PM   #3
nammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shednammer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nammer's Tacoma Gallery
it shouldn't be a problem to ask someone in my house to do it, i'm so dumb, i put on the spacers last week, and just did it as tight as i could with my wrench and my hand holding the hub, thinking, it's not gonna go loose, and as i was typing my original post, i thought of the solution.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:08 PM   #4
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
I just put a big screwdriver in the vents on the brake rotor and when it touches the caliper the hub stops spinning.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:55 PM   #5

nammer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelsonTacoma View Post
I just put a big screwdriver in the vents on the brake rotor and when it touches the caliper the hub stops spinning.
hmm... that's an excellent idea, prob gonna do that tomorrow then
Old 03-08-2012, 10:15 PM   #6
Stealth Custom Series™
SCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shedSCSPerformance is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Vin
SCSPerformance's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NelsonTacoma View Post
exactly what i did.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:33 PM   #7
whereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant future

Name: Don
whereismymind's Tacoma Gallery
I use a pry bar sideways between the lug bolts. Then rest one end agains a block of wood to keep it from spinning.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:37 PM   #8
knine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: 4th Fighter Wing
knine00's Tacoma Gallery
I am installing spacers too. Has anyone hear of people putting loctite on the studs?
Old 03-08-2012, 10:44 PM   #9

nammer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by knine00 View Post
I am installing spacers too. Has anyone hear of people putting loctite on the studs?
i think it was recommended, i thought it even included some loctite when u buy it, but I got mine used... so i'm not pos
Old 03-08-2012, 10:46 PM   #10
knine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedknine00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
knine00's Tacoma Gallery
I am probably going to add some just to make myself feel better.
Old 03-08-2012, 11:15 PM   #11
whereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant futurewhereismymind has a brilliant future

Name: Don
whereismymind's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by knine00 View Post

Spidertrax says to use loctite and torque to 85 ftlbs. Then recheck torque after 500 miles. I've had them on my FJ for 90,000 miles and they never came loose. I would also recommend brushing some anti-seize on the back side. With the mag chloride they use in Colorado during the winter mine froze to the rotor. Had to hammer and chisel them off.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:38 AM   #12
knine00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whereismymind View Post
Spidertrax says to use loctite and torque to 85 ftlbs. Then recheck torque after 500 miles. I've had them on my FJ for 90,000 miles and they never came loose. I would also recommend brushing some anti-seize on the back side. With the mag chloride they use in Colorado during the winter mine froze to the rotor. Had to hammer and chisel them off.

Thanks for the info! I will do that for sure.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:42 AM   #13
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
never put loctite on mine, torqued to 87 ft lbs, been over 2 years, havent retorqued wheels are still on