Notices

Tire choice advice

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-08-2012, 09:01 PM   #1
SavRut is on a distinguished road
Name: Charles
SavRut's Tacoma Gallery
Tire choice advice

I'm wanting to put 285s on my truck im looking for either an aggressive all terrain or a milder mud tire. Plan on putting them on my stock 16x7 wheels once i get a set of spidertrax spacers. Need to perform decently well in mud, dirt, sand, and on the road. Dont care about snow. Dad has BFG ATs on his yukon and loves them.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:02 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Wrong question to ask since everyone has their favorite tire. I had BFGs on my Ranger and they were great. I have Duratracs now and they are pretty good. I suggest picking a tire then searching on here for comments about them.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:03 PM   #3
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
if you have a lift, you can do it. if you're stock, no can do
Old 03-08-2012, 09:07 PM   #4
Pork eating crusader. An "infidel".
Jib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant futureJib Bandits has a brilliant future

Army: 99Z Combat Ninja
Name: Ari
Jib Bandits's Tacoma Gallery
I vote KM2s, awesome in a lot, except ice. Air em down, and even more capable! Plus you can get a bit of mileage out of them... Just my opinion. pick one that suits your needs!
Old 03-08-2012, 09:10 PM   #5
Busting Asphalt
Conviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConviction11 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: J
Conviction11's Tacoma Gallery
I've got a set of BFG KM's on my truck now, and tomorrow will have a new set of KM2's.

I thought about the nitto mud tire, but they don't last as long I'm told so the cash you save up front just wears out faster.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:19 PM   #6
SavRut is on a distinguished road
Name: Charles
SavRut's Tacoma Gallery
thanks ive thouroughly researched pretty much every damn tire im just looking for a few opinions from people who have used em. km2s look good a few of my friends use them and ive seen them perform. i'm new on here sorry if im in the wrong section. ive got a 2.5 inch lift so i know they will fit. km2s seem to be the way to go. anyone heard anything good about dynapro mt's or those fierce attitude mt's?
Old 01-18-2013, 04:17 PM   #7
SUPERCHARGED!!!
gusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shedgusher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Greg
gusher's Tacoma Gallery
I've got about 43,000 on my Duratracs and am really thinking I will replace them with another set. They have been a great tire in the snow and are surprisingly quite for how aggressive they are. I keep looking at other tires but keep on coming back to Duratracs.

It's a tough decision since you are gonna be stuck with whatever you select for 3-4 years depending on how many miles you drive. So, I understand, you wanna get it right. IMHO -- you can't go wrong with Duratracs.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:36 PM   #9
OldFatGuy has much to be proud ofOldFatGuy has much to be proud ofOldFatGuy has much to be proud ofOldFatGuy has much to be proud ofOldFatGuy has much to be proud ofOldFatGuy has much to be proud ofOldFatGuy has much to be proud ofOldFatGuy has much to be proud ofOldFatGuy has much to be proud of

Army: USMC 79-85 / USCG 87-89 / Army 89-12 / Retired E-8 on 07/31/12
Name: Robert
OldFatGuy's Tacoma Gallery
I have BFG 285-75-16 on stock wheels. They do great.