Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Pro Comp A/T?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-09-2012, 01:13 PM   #1
winyah is on a distinguished road
winyah's Tacoma Gallery
Pro Comp A/T?

OK went to get some bfg a/t and every place I called said it was on back order for 10 weeks nation wide. So I need a tire now so I'm looking at the pro comp all terrain any body ever ran them? they look like a decent tire but I don't know much about them.

Heres a site to look at them.http://4wheelonline.com/ProCompAllTe...res.349.122528
Old 03-09-2012, 01:34 PM   #2
sparkystaco is just really nicesparkystaco is just really nicesparkystaco is just really nicesparkystaco is just really nicesparkystaco is just really nice

Name: Sparky
sparkystaco's Tacoma Gallery
I have the pro comp extreme a/t's they are a good all around tire, but are noisy on the hiway
Old 03-09-2012, 02:53 PM   #3
winyah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkystaco View Post
I have the pro comp extreme a/t's they are a good all around tire, but are noisy on the hiway
Yeah i have the bfg M/T now and tired of the loudness and steering wheel shaking that why I want an A/T. Just don't know much about this pro comp A/T doesnt look like it would be loud but you never know...
Old 03-09-2012, 03:06 PM   #4
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
What's the speed rating on these tires?
Old 03-09-2012, 03:14 PM   #5
Pelfreybilt Off-Road
Socalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalduckslayer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
Socalduckslayer's Tacoma Gallery
I run Toyo m/t's but if I wanted an a/t I'd go with the Toyo a/t's they are really nice on the road and surprisingly capable off pavement. The Toyo's consistently take less weight to balance than others, they are just a well made, round tire. Just my opinion
Old 03-09-2012, 03:17 PM   #6
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Their "xtreme" version is better. The BFG's don't even come with a tread wear warranty.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:00 PM   #7
sparkystaco is just really nicesparkystaco is just really nicesparkystaco is just really nicesparkystaco is just really nicesparkystaco is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by winyah View Post
Yeah i have the bfg M/T now and tired of the loudness and steering wheel shaking that why I want an A/T. Just don't know much about this pro comp A/T doesnt look like it would be loud but you never know...

I know how loud these are i've had them for two yrs, ride great, good bite offroad, wear is excellent, but i'm tired of the noise, it's just as noisy as the m/t's
thats why I'm getting rid of these for the Hankook apl's or apt's can't remember which it is but my buddy's got a set and their quiet
Old 03-09-2012, 04:02 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
What's the speed rating on these tires?

as fast as you dare to go lol
Old 03-09-2012, 05:36 PM   #9
winyah's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the help guys! If that pro comp is gonna be pretty loud I'm gonna keep looking. Wish I could wait for the bfg a/t but I got a guy wanting to buy mine for $200 so I got to do something this week.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:48 PM   #10
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
as fast as you dare to go lol
This is not a joke. The BFG KM2, for example, is Q-rated, which means BFG actually took this tire on a treadmill at the tire's max rated load and maintained 99 mph for 20 minutes. It also means the tire overheated and failed at 112 mph, hence it not receiving the S-rating. I would be afraid to use the ProComp tire on the highway if it doesn't have a speed rating.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:24 PM   #11

Quote:
This is not a joke. The BFG KM2, for example, is Q-rated, which means BFG actually took this tire on a treadmill at the tire's max rated load and maintained 99 mph for 20 minutes. It also means the tire overheated and failed at 112 mph, hence it not receiving the S-rating. I would be afraid to use the ProComp tire on the highway if it doesn't have a speed rating.

Explain to me where you could run 112mph for 20 min and why you'd want to in a 4wd tacoma!!!

my procomps are load rated E which means over 3600 lbs per tire at max tire pressure which is 65psi that means my truck would weigh 14,400lbs
how could you ever get close to that in a 4500lbs truck, so stop talking stupid sh*t

I have run my truck at 75mph for 4hrs solid and never had a problem and that was at 35psi

what the f*#k are you thinking????
Old 03-09-2012, 10:34 PM   #12
kite will become famous soon enough

kite's Tacoma Gallery
I had the Xtreme A/Ts and didn't think they were loud at all on the Hwy
Old 03-10-2012, 06:58 AM   #14
HairyAmerican is on a distinguished road

Air Force: Air Transportation
Name: Jason
HairyAmerican's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

i am just going to piggy back on your thread. How would you rate the KM2's with the A/T KO's. which would you thank would be better
Old 03-10-2012, 10:09 AM   #15
Lord of War

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Explain to me where you could run 112mph for 20 min and why you'd want to in a 4wd tacoma!!!

I have run my truck at 75mph for 4hrs solid and never had a problem and that was at 35psi

what the f*#k are you thinking????
Is the truck electronically limited to 75 mph? Have you never exceeded 75 mph? When driving long distance I've maintained 100 mph (set with cruise control) for over half an hour along with a few other vehicles. I'd hate to have the tire running at the edge of catastrophic failure. Whether the truck is 4x2 or 4x4 has nothing to do with it. If I didn't care for on-road performance, I would have bought a Rubicon. You don't have to drive at those speeds, but you should know the tire's speed rating so as to not exceed it.

FYI depending on size, you can get AT tires with T-speed rating (118 mph, same as OE Rugged Trails). Hankook RF10, Toyo Open Country and Bridgestone Revo2 are examples.