Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Hub sentric wheel help

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-10-2012, 04:05 PM   #1
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-builds/29
Redgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
Redgrom's Tacoma Gallery
Hub sentric wheel help

Found tons of info on back spacing with a few searches but wanted to know how many run hub syntric wheels? My current set is lug syntric and take a good tech to Ballance. Thinking of moving down to 16's or 17' in the near future and don't really trust the guys at 4 wheel parts. Anyone have any recomendations? Looking to run roughly a 33x12.5
Thanks.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:29 PM   #3
koch1024 is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
Name: Andy
koch1024's Tacoma Gallery
Most OEM wheels are hub centric and aftermarket wheels are lug centric. Hub centric is better for strength and balance. You can get hub rings that fit the gap between the hub and the bore of a lug centric wheel to essentially make it hub centric.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:15 AM   #4
Koby is on a distinguished road

Navy: port inspection diver
Koby's Tacoma Gallery
I have a set of 17" procomp 7033's that cause some vibe(steering wheel wobble) at higher speeds. I just ordered a set of hub centric rings from discount tire today to fix the problem. I believe the hub bore on our 2nd gens is 106mm and the procomps are 108mm so the the rings should tighten things up nicely. I'll let you know by next week.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:18 AM   #5
:POOPCORN:
98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed98tacoma27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
Name: Ben
98tacoma27's Tacoma Gallery
subbed
Old 03-12-2012, 06:12 PM   #6
Redgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Redgrom's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koby View Post
I have a set of 17" procomp 7033's that cause some vibe(steering wheel wobble) at higher speeds. I just ordered a set of hub centric rings from discount tire today to fix the problem. I believe the hub bore on our 2nd gens is 106mm and the procomps are 108mm so the the rings should tighten things up nicely. I'll let you know by next week.
Thanks for the reply, that's the issue I am having now. Also the fact that I'm running dura tracks doesn't help much. Really love the tires off road but think I might switch back to at bfg's when I switch to a smaller rim. But think I might miss the dura tracks the few times I drive in the snow or on rocky trails.
Old 03-13-2012, 08:25 AM   #7

Koby's Tacoma Gallery
I'm running the duratracs as well and I know what you mean. People say they are a quiet tire but they are only 'quiet' compared to a MT. Ha. But I do love them.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:26 PM   #8

Koby's Tacoma Gallery
Have the rings in now and it definately helps. Gonna hit the highway tomorrow and see if the vibe comes back at all.
Old 03-30-2012, 09:17 PM   #9

Redgrom's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the reply! Look forward to hearing highway results.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:22 AM   #10

Koby's Tacoma Gallery
Well, it's not perfect but it's a hell of a lot better. What ever the issue is, the rings dampen the vibes considerably. If you have an issue of just not being able to perfectly center your wheels (lug centric), then I believe this is a perfect fix. I may have some other issue but it still helped. You could easily right off whatever vibes I feel as 'tire noise'.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:24 AM   #11

Koby's Tacoma Gallery
Oh yeah, one more thing, the guys at Discount Tire in Bellingham did not charge me thing for the rings(plastic) or their time! Unbelievable customer service!
Old 04-02-2012, 10:18 AM   #12
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
extended thread lug nuts, which have a shank at the end of them, help to better center the wheel on lug-centric setups.
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/tacomablackalloys.htm