Notices

Duratracs in c or e load range?

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-11-2012, 04:28 PM   #1
The Flurr06 is on a distinguished road
Name: David
The Flurr06's Tacoma Gallery
Duratracs in c or e load range?

Looking to order some new duratracs 265/75r16 for my '06 access cab. Question is load range c or e? I do about 20% off road. I know technically the differences between the two of them, ply, weight capacity, etc. Just curious, any bad experiences with the c load ranges? Will they hold up just as well as the e's?

Appreciate your input...
Old 03-11-2012, 04:32 PM   #2
TwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to allTwzteD is a name known to all

Name: Kyle
TwzteD's Tacoma Gallery
Load C will be erfectly fine for your truck, i run load E grabbers but everyone will say load E is overkill, i had load c duratracs there nice tires.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:33 PM   #3
the risk is worth the reward
mattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shedmattmxracer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: matt
mattmxracer's Tacoma Gallery
I rock C's because my truck isnt as heavy as a full size truck and doesnt call for a E but I can tell you I offroad a good bit and they hold up well, not problems for me and I get on some rocky terrain. Also you should get better gas mileage with the C's instead of the E's. BTW the rugged trail tires that come stock on most tacomas are a load range B I was told

Old 03-11-2012, 04:43 PM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
No meed for E on such a small truck.
Old 03-11-2012, 04:47 PM   #7
I was thinking the same thing about gas mileage with the lighter c's. And tirerack has them with a nice mail in rebate right now.

Thanks for the input.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:48 PM   #8
TacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to beholdTacoTaro is a splendid one to behold

TacoTaro's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flurr06 View Post
I was thinking the same thing about gas mileage with the lighter c's. And tirerack has them with a nice mail in rebate right now.

Thanks for the input.
Get the C's

MPG, acceleration, ride quality will all be negatively affected by a heavier E load tire. I know lots of people run Load E on a Tacoma, but I think they are nuts.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:51 PM   #9
Tacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacolover443 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
Tacolover443's Tacoma Gallery
My C class 265/75/16's duratracs are awesome. Not to harsh but can standup to some good off roading.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:56 PM   #10
CeRaTi
Rakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shedRakso is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: OsKaR
Rakso's Tacoma Gallery
I run E class, just because I couldn't find 285s on C class.
Old 03-11-2012, 09:06 PM   #11
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
E and never look back .
Old 03-11-2012, 09:21 PM   #12
koch1024 is on a distinguished road

Firefighter:
Name: Andy
koch1024's Tacoma Gallery
E if it's the only option. It's too much for a mid size truck. Our trucks cannot carry the weight a 10 ply E is designed for. All it does is make for a stiffer ride and more rolling weight.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:25 PM   #14
A-Team
Gimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
Gimmick's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 4x4 4cyl. Just got C rated.
Old 03-15-2012, 04:28 PM   #15
Harleyfx69 is on a distinguished road
Harleyfx69's Tacoma Gallery
lol

i dont even have E's on my 2500 Diesel 4x4 ..

wayyy overkill for a 1/4 ton truck like a tacoma
Old 03-15-2012, 04:30 PM   #16
A-Team
Gimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shedGimmick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
Gimmick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleyfx69 View Post
lol

i dont even have E's on my 2500 Diesel 4x4 ..

wayyy overkill for a 1/4 ton truck like a tacoma

affirmative
Old 03-15-2012, 09:51 PM   #17
Yeah, I am def sold on the c's
Old 03-16-2012, 06:05 AM   #18
Weapon Mechanic
Maticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shedMaticuno is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Ranger, Firearms Instructor, Firearms Inspector
Maticuno's Tacoma Gallery
I run C load tires on my patrol truck through some pretty nasty terrain with lots of sharp rocks. So far I have not had a tire failure due to sidewall damage.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:28 PM   #19
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
C without a doubt. Even my Jeep buddies I offroad with said no need for E