Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

FYI - Dick Cepek Torque and ET Lugs

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-12-2012, 11:20 AM   #1
Civil Servant
floridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
floridaoccifer's Tacoma Gallery
FYI - Dick Cepek Torque and ET Lugs

Well after searching Google and this site for way too long I have decided to possibly help someone that may be in the same boat as I was.

I purchased a set of DC Torque 16x8 wheels last year and had them mounted to my 2008 Tacoma by a Toyota Dealership in Tampa (Toyota of Tampabay). They were mounted using the conical lugs provided at the time of purchase specific for the Torque wheels.

I recently traded in my 2008 for a 2012 and as part of the trade I kept my wheel/tire combo. I was doing some work this past week and took off the wheel for the first time since purchase. To my surprise the lugs came off at approximately 4 1/2 turns as opposed to the minimum 8 turns needed for the 12 x 1.5 - I immediately started getting paranoid about this and searched for a solution that would make these wheels solid (IMO at least). I decided that longer lugs would be out of the question at this time and went with a set of Gorilla Lugs E/T conicals.

I installed them this weekend and had no issues what so ever. I am now fully seated with no less than 9 turns and feel much better about the install.

All of this being said, here is the short and curly of it all - The Dick Cepek Torque wheels do work with the Gorilla ET lugs - Part number 21133ET

Old 03-16-2012, 05:32 PM   #2
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
Wow. That's kinda scary!
Old 11-25-2012, 03:16 PM   #3
rqtaco808 is on a distinguished road
rqtaco808's Tacoma Gallery
hello froridaoccifer, what is the backspacing of your wheel?
Old 01-17-2013, 05:55 AM   #4
Civil Servant
floridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shedfloridaoccifer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rqtaco808 View Post
hello froridaoccifer, what is the backspacing of your wheel?

All info is on DC website

4.5 backspacing / 0.0 offset / 22lbs / bolt 6x5.5
Old 04-22-2013, 05:46 PM   #6
Civil Servant

Law Enforcement:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gearcruncher View Post
What did you do for the TPMS issue ?
Also noticed these are lug centric rather than hub centric . Did you think about spider trax spacers ?
I am not sure what TPMS issue you are talking about, mine switched over flawlessly. As for your spacers, I would contact DC directly.

Frank