Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Simplified question on BS. Can't find answer

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-12-2012, 05:31 PM   #1
Toyota Dealer Technician
1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
1GR's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to 1GR
Simplified question on BS. Can't find answer

Now I know 265/75R16* with a 4.5 bs will not rub. Even with an aggressive tire. Now how about the same tire, with 4" bs? Just want that little extra for the aggressive look/stance. Anyone done this, and did you have any rubbing issues?
Old 03-12-2012, 05:36 PM   #2
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
265/75/18 is an awkward size, do you mean 265/75/16?
Old 03-12-2012, 05:37 PM   #3
Toyota Dealer Technician
1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed1GR is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1GR's Tacoma Gallery
Yes. Typo. I'll edit.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:54 PM   #4
Member Caught Off Road
AWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shedAWorthyOpponent is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
AWorthyOpponent's Tacoma Gallery
the less backspace the further out the tire will stick. Backspacing is the linear distance from the rear of the hub to the rear lip of the rim. In essence it will stick out another .5 inches. I doubt that will be a problem.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:17 PM   #5
Toyota Dealer Technician

1GR's Tacoma Gallery
I am aware of what bs is and how it affects stance, spacing, etc. Just wondering if anyone has done the 4" bs, and if it rubbed on the outer rear corner of the fender/mudflap?
Fact: 16x8 with 265/75R16 4.5" bs will fit no trimming, no rubbing, with mud flaps
Question: 16x8 with 265/75R16 4" bs... Trimming/mudflap removal required?
Old 03-12-2012, 09:43 PM   #6
JC47 is on a distinguished road
JC47's Tacoma Gallery
I can't answer for sure, but I think they might rub if you don't have a lift on your truck. I have 265/75/16's mounted on wheels with 4" backspacing sitting in my garage right now which I will be putting on in a couple of weeks, but I'm also lifted 2.5". I know there is someone on here that had rubbing issues with that size tire and 4" bs with no lift.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:44 PM   #7
Toyota Dealer Technician

1GR's Tacoma Gallery
Will have 3" front, 1-2" rear.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:45 PM   #8
Toyota Dealer Technician

1GR's Tacoma Gallery
Let me know if you have issues. Is the tire fairly aggressive you're putting on?
Old 03-12-2012, 09:50 PM   #9
JC47 is on a distinguished road
JC47's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1GR View Post
Let me know if you have issues. Is the tire fairly aggressive you're putting on?
They are goodyear duratracs, so fairly aggressive.