Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Painted Wheels

View Poll Results: Have you painted your wheels black?
Yes 127 33.07%
No 257 66.93%
Voters: 384. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-26-2009, 08:03 AM   #21
You're dumber than stupid.
garage_monkey is just really nicegarage_monkey is just really nicegarage_monkey is just really nicegarage_monkey is just really nicegarage_monkey is just really nice

garage_monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Just paint them, gives your truck a whole new dimension. Momma talked shit to me when I first started my little project but even she admits that it looks bad ass. I sprayed mine with Flat Black and went back over it with a coat of clear matte sealer. turned out good. (I know i don't have pics, just too lazy to do it. plus if you seen one set of painted rims you've seen them all)
Old 02-27-2009, 07:58 AM   #23
I smell corn
kilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkilted1117 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gophuk Yousef
kilted1117's Tacoma Gallery
Doing mine when the weather breaks.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:02 AM   #24
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
really want to do mine this spring!
Old 02-28-2009, 09:02 AM   #25
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
wheels look great painted black. i painted my stock aluminum wheels this week.......rustoluem hammered black. they look great to me. pics to come when it aint raining.

i decided to do this cause my steelies are heavy as hell, and i wanted to use them for my mud tires..........................and i kinda got the black out theme going on my truck too.
Old 02-28-2009, 09:49 AM   #26
bishes love my haircut
Gr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedGr8WhiteTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Gr8WhiteTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Gr8WhiteTaco
i wanna paint mine black. I got the trd sport rims on mine and i think it would look good.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:10 AM   #27
Taco™
Blu08Taco is on a distinguished road

Blu08Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I want to paint mine, but I is getting them powder coated a better idea?
Old 02-28-2009, 10:17 AM   #28
=T=
Tman12 will become famous soon enough

Name: Taryn
Tman12's Tacoma Gallery
This is what im thinking too. Has anyones seen 01 wheels painted or powder coated black?
Old 02-28-2009, 10:40 AM   #29
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tman12 View Post
This is what im thinking too. Has anyones seen 01 wheels painted or powder coated black?
i'll post pics of mine later....after it quits raining. i painted mine rustoleum hammered black. mine is an 04.....wheels may be the same.
Old 02-28-2009, 11:19 AM   #30
=T=
Tman12 will become famous soon enough

Name: Taryn
Tman12's Tacoma Gallery
Alright thanks! Cant wait to see them!
Old 03-01-2009, 02:22 PM   #31
jcdevivero is on a distinguished road
jcdevivero's Tacoma Gallery
I've always thought black wheels look a lot nicer. I have a white tacoma and seen some trucks (not tacomas) with white wheels and thought they look pretty slick.

What do you guys think about white wheels (factory) on a white Tacoma?

AND how do you paint them? What paint do you use?
Old 03-14-2009, 07:45 PM   #32
Not all who wander are lost
01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

01GREENTACO's Tacoma Gallery
I love mine. Do it it's the best and cheapest "mod" you can do!
Old 03-14-2009, 07:53 PM   #33
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcdevivero View Post
I've always thought black wheels look a lot nicer. I have a white tacoma and seen some trucks (not tacomas) with white wheels and thought they look pretty slick.

What do you guys think about white wheels (factory) on a white Tacoma?

AND how do you paint them? What paint do you use?
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...tml#post449928
Old 03-14-2009, 07:56 PM   #34
AK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAK27 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
how's the painted wheels holding up? (to anyone out there, hows the paint doing? any chipping, peeling, bubbling?)
Old 03-14-2009, 07:56 PM   #35
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
powdercoat em its waaaay more durable that spraypaint

Old 03-14-2009, 08:00 PM   #36
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK27 View Post
how's the painted wheels holding up? (to anyone out there, hows the paint doing? any chipping, peeling, bubbling?)
With proper prep-No chipping, peeling, bubbles, or other defects and I've had mine 7 months. Minor rash from some trail riding/wheeling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda Jerk View Post
powdercoat em its waaaay more durable that spraypaint
And WAAAY more expensive to do the first time...and god forbid you chip it...WAAAY more expensive to fix. I'd rather have to rattle can touch up a rim after a wheeling then get it re-PC'd....Just MHO tho.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:02 PM   #37
Not all who wander are lost
01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

01GREENTACO's Tacoma Gallery
It's holding up pretty good. I have had to do a couple of touch ups but I mean I should have done more coats of clear coat but I wanted the "flat black" look so I only put one coat on it. Mistake but I love the look of it. I pressure wash the rims regularly and that's probably why they are chipping. I repainted them today for the first time actually and the biggest area needed to be touched up was maybe 1/8th inch so it hold up good if you get the right paint.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:12 PM   #38
bryan83taco is on a distinguished road
Army: SSG, HSC 3/7 SFG (A)
bryan83taco's Tacoma Gallery
Did mine last week and I'm loving them so far. Left the center caps off too, I like the look.
Old 03-15-2009, 04:43 AM   #39

AK27's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Denney View Post
It's holding up pretty good. I have had to do a couple of touch ups but I mean I should have done more coats of clear coat but I wanted the "flat black" look so I only put one coat on it. Mistake but I love the look of it. I pressure wash the rims regularly and that's probably why they are chipping. I repainted them today for the first time actually and the biggest area needed to be touched up was maybe 1/8th inch so it hold up good if you get the right paint.
thanks for the update! what kind of paint did you use?
Old 03-15-2009, 07:15 AM   #40

damn........been busy as hell and forgot to post pics of my painted wheels.................