Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Wheels & Tires

Notices

Painted Wheels

View Poll Results: Have you painted your wheels black?
Yes 127 33.07%
No 257 66.93%
Voters: 384. You may not vote on this poll

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-15-2009, 07:53 AM   #41
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
Will are those the steelies you were saying a while back you had coming?
Old 03-15-2009, 01:23 PM   #42
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerNameIsLucy View Post
Will are those the steelies you were saying a while back you had coming?
nah.......these are my stock aluminum wheels,took my steelies off and put these back on. keeping my steelies for offroading.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:05 PM   #43
I miss Lucy. :-(
HerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHerNameIsLucy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Computer Tech
Name: John
HerNameIsLucy's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HerNameIsLucy Send a message via Yahoo to HerNameIsLucy
Ok was gonna say, they don't LOOK like steelies!

I'm fixin to PM you on something unrelated and don't wanna 'jack the thread.
Old 03-15-2009, 05:51 PM   #44
Not all who wander are lost
01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed01GREENTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

01GREENTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK27 View Post
thanks for the update! what kind of paint did you use?
Rust-o-leum spray can. $3.96 at Wallyworld.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:20 PM   #45
TX
TEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTEX357 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TEX357's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevigee View Post
JUST DO IT!!!

Looks good!
Old 04-09-2009, 02:06 PM   #46
cicada83 is on a distinguished road
cicada83's Tacoma Gallery
here is my truck with painted wheels. cost me $20 for the paint and $5 for some masking tape. Little bit of labor (taking off, tapeing, painting) each wheel and bingo!
Attached Thumbnails
Painted Wheels-dscn0211.jpg  
Old 04-21-2009, 06:31 PM   #47
tacody is on a distinguished road

tacody's Tacoma Gallery
dude painting them looks sick
any special paint you use??
or any special coats i need to know about?
Old 04-22-2009, 01:17 PM   #48
cicada83 is on a distinguished road
cicada83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacody View Post
dude painting them looks sick
any special paint you use??
or any special coats i need to know about?
I used the duplicolor satin black.
http://www.duplicolor.com/products/wheel.html

it gives youa demo on the web site. basic instructions. remove the wheel, sand it with a fine grit sand paper, clean it with a degreaser. Then you paint about 3-5 coats. same with the plastic caps. only set me back about $20 bones.
Old 04-25-2009, 11:27 PM   #51
"Living life in the FAST lane..."
05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed05PreRunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

05PreRunner's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 05PreRunner
Just painted my wheels today!!!

BEFORE:

AFTER:

Old 05-19-2009, 03:53 PM   #52
TTU Ryan is on a distinguished road
TTU Ryan's Tacoma Gallery
P-I-M-P paint on TRD Sport Rims

Check this guys out. I think it looks sweet. I want to do this more than any other i've seen.

How do you do this? Just mask off the rim and then get to painting?!?!? What type of paint, how long does it take? does it last long or do you have to re-apply?

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/new...pics-here.html
Old 05-19-2009, 04:18 PM   #53
SoCal Tacomas
HBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oscar
HBtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to HBtacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTU Ryan View Post
Check this guys out. I think it looks sweet. I want to do this more than any other i've seen.

How do you do this? Just mask off the rim and then get to painting?!?!? What type of paint, how long does it take? does it last long or do you have to re-apply?

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/new...pics-here.html
the way i did it was...

wash the wheels real good with soap n water..
wet sand it with fine grit
then dry the wheels and clean it with a tack cloth
then spray with primer
then Spray the paint with a few coats
Old 05-28-2009, 11:38 AM   #54
Bs 02 Taco will become famous soon enough

Bs 02 Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Could I do this in gold??
What are your thoughts?
Old 05-29-2009, 07:16 AM   #55
Bs 02 Taco will become famous soon enough

Bs 02 Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
You could. My buddy did his in hammer finish bronze. Looked pretty good.
Thanks man, I was just digging the old school look.
I think it would look pretty unique and sweet with that bronze look
Old 06-25-2009, 03:46 PM   #56
Taco... since '97
LB Taco has a brilliant futureLB Taco has a brilliant futureLB Taco has a brilliant futureLB Taco has a brilliant futureLB Taco has a brilliant futureLB Taco has a brilliant futureLB Taco has a brilliant futureLB Taco has a brilliant futureLB Taco has a brilliant futureLB Taco has a brilliant futureLB Taco has a brilliant future

Law Enforcement:
Name: J
LB Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Wanted to add mine to the mix

Here are my rims, stock, just painted them with Duplicolor charcoal grey, then added a red lip to match the calipers and the truck. Did the lip with the caliper paint. I will add a clear coat this weekend. It looks kinda weak without better tires, oh well, after the lift i'll do tires...

Hind sight I should have left the lugs, they got all chipped when I was re-installing everything.
Attached Thumbnails
Painted Wheels-full_size.jpg  
Old 06-25-2009, 04:12 PM   #57
The StormTrooper
TightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TightShirts
TightShirts's Tacoma Gallery
i voted yes even tho they come black stock on the rugged trail editions (16" TRD baja wheels) they are still just black toyota wheels... and i love them

Old 07-14-2009, 08:01 AM   #58
kasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud of
kasey200's Tacoma Gallery
did mine with rustoleum hammered black paint. looks awesome. the pics don't serve justice. (camera phone)
Old 07-14-2009, 09:09 AM   #59
Cobhc is on a distinguished road

Name: Eric
Cobhc's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasey200 View Post
did mine with rustoleum hammered black paint. looks awesome. the pics don't serve justice. (camera phone)

Amazing job! And how did you get an Orange Tacoma? Did you get it painted or was it some limited edition truck? I painted my wheels (page 1) and I'm lovin it. Great job with the lights and fog lights behind the grill mod. I have to do that next. You should think about getting Tail Light Guards. I put them on my truck recently and realized how much better the back of the truck looks. Look into it on ebay.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:13 AM   #60
kasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud ofkasey200 has much to be proud of
kasey200's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobhc View Post
Amazing job! And how did you get an Orange Tacoma? Did you get it painted or was it some limited edition truck? I painted my wheels (page 1) and I'm lovin it. Great job with the lights and fog lights behind the grill mod. I have to do that next. You should think about getting Tail Light Guards. I put them on my truck recently and realized how much better the back of the truck looks. Look into it on ebay.

It's not orange, it's just a shitty cell phone picture! lol thank you for the compliments.... the all-pro front bumper will be on by the end of the week!