Notices

5 lug wheel trouble

* Tire Finding Tools Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-14-2012, 05:15 PM   #1
SicKnd is on a distinguished road
SicKnd's Tacoma Gallery
5 lug wheel trouble

hello all,
im having trouble fitting wheels on my truck and thought someone else might have gone through the same trouble as me.

first off, i have a 2010 tacoma access cab with a 5x114 lug pattern. its a base line truck (no pre runner, 4x4 etc). the truck came with some small 15" steel wheels so i know 15s will fit.
the problem is that these trucks come with "outboard" calipers that will cause some wheels to not sit right. i ordered some pro comp series 52 wheels and found this out the hard way when it wouldnt sit flush against the hub.

so i guess my question is has anyone encountered this problem and if so, what did you do to fix it? i dont want to grind my calipers or get spacers if i dont have to.

also, has anyone running a 5 lug taco been able to find some black steel wheels that clear their breaks? i was looking at the crager soft 8s but dont know if theyle clear or if i have any other options
Old 03-15-2012, 02:31 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW. You would be better of asking in our 5 lug forum. Those guys know their stuff

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/5-lug/
Old 03-15-2012, 04:48 PM   #3
SicKnd is on a distinguished road
SicKnd's Tacoma Gallery
didnt know there was a 5 lug forum. ill copy and repost. thx